Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Windows 98 First Edition & Casio Software

Windows 98 First Edition & Casio Software

Rednelle

Greetings,

I have Windows 98 First Edition on a Pentium II 400MHz with 192Mb, 2 x HDD,
CD-R & CD-RW and a Casio QV-R51 digital camera.

I installed all the Casio software, and image transfer down the USB line
(camera > computer) works fine; it reports file transfer from Drive G.

The manual speaks about seeing the USB device (in Control Panel or Windows
Explorer) as Drive ? (G for me) but I don't see it - and hence I can't drag
& drop files.
Is this to be expected with Windows 98 FE ?
Would Windows 98 SE show USB devices as drives ?

I would appreciate expert advice.

Tony E

Bowsėr

Windows 98 FE doesn't support USB very well. Upgrade to SE and it's likely
it will work. If your PC will support it, XP is a much better choice.

news:c5ef90$ak9$(E-Mail Removed)...