Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Panotools with Autopano option

Panotools with Autopano option

Alfred Molon

The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
software is available here:
http://autopano.kolor.com/

By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
/keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024

Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

Alfred Molon

Clyde

Alfred Molon wrote:
> The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
> the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
> points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
> software is available here:
> http://autopano.kolor.com/
>
> By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
> /keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
>
> Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
> Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
manually.

Clyde

Alfred Molon

Clyde <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Alfred Molon wrote:
>> The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
>> the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
>> points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
>> software is available here:
>> http://autopano.kolor.com/
>>
>> By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
>> /keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
>>
>> Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
>> Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

>That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
>and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
>needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
>trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
>manually.

With PTGUI after the control points have been generated you can throw
away the bad ones (do an optimisation and remove the points with a too
high distance). Then you can generate a multi-layered pano image and
edit it in PS if you want.
--

Alfred Molon

Clyde

Alfred Molon wrote:
> Clyde <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Alfred Molon wrote:
>>
>>>The new Autopano plugin automatically computes the control points for
>>>the Panotools. It is no longer necessary to manually set the control
>>>points, a substantial simplification of the process. The Autopano
>>>software is available here:
>>>http://autopano.kolor.com/
>>>
>>>By the way, you need to add these parameters to the command line:
>>>/keys:20 /search:1 /size:1024
>>>
>>>Without these parameters Autopano has trouble finding control points.
>>>Also see the Panotools Yahoo group:

>>That why I like Hugin. The auto features. Of course, they aren't perfect
>>and I like to see them take a stab at it and be able to change it if
>>needed. That is why I wouldn't want a fully automatic line up; I don't
>>trust it. I've had to many really hairy stitches that were hard enough
>>manually.

> With PTGUI after the control points have been generated you can throw
> away the bad ones (do an optimisation and remove the points with a too
> high distance). Then you can generate a multi-layered pano image and
> edit it in PS if you want.

I believe that is a feature of all PanoTools frontends.

Clyde