Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Slide copying

Slide copying

Van

I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was thinking
of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta z1?
Regards Van

stewy

"Van" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tssec.32082$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

thinking
> of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
> be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

z1?

It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you need
to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and make
one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer

Ken Weitzel

stewy wrote:
> "Van" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tssec.32082$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
>
>>I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

> thinking
>
>>of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can
>>be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

> z1?
>
> It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you need
> to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and make
> one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer

Tried that back in the early experiment stages a coupla
years ago... mostly 'cause my then camera wouldn't focus
very close.

Problem is that the lens (magnifying glass) in the slide
viewer is terrible, terrible, terrible.

Ken

Markus L

> "Van" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:tssec.32082$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
>> I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was
>> thinking of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide
>> so a picture can be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get
>> one to fit my Minolta z1?

Some ideas:
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~drcannon/cp950/copysetup.htm
http://www.dcresource.com/SlideCopier/
http://www.angelfire.com/ar/thecameranutjwb/page2.html

Willie

"Van" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was thinking
> of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture can be
> taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta z1?
> Regards Van

Have a look at
http://www.willie.dsl.pipex.com/pages/slides.htm

I managed to digitise over 3000 slides in a few weeks (minus processing!!)

stewy

"Ken Weitzel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news8Iec.93974$Ig.89809@pd7tw2no...

> stewy wrote:
> > "Van" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:tssec.32082$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> >
> >>I have a lot of colour tranparencies that I want to digitise. I was

> > thinking
> >
> >>of a device which attaches to the camera an holds a slide so a picture

can
> >>be taken of it. Are they any good? Where can I get one to fit my Minolta

> > z1?
> >
> > It would depend on you camera being able to focus that close. also you

need
> > to take care about the light sourse and intensity. You could try and

make
> > one yourself from a hand-held slide viewer
> >

> Tried that back in the early experiment stages a coupla
> years ago... mostly 'cause my then camera wouldn't focus
> very close.
>
> Problem is that the lens (magnifying glass) in the slide
> viewer is terrible, terrible, terrible.
>
>The viewer is simply to hold the slide flat. Remove the lens and let the

camera optics do the work