Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Hewlett Packard Cameras

Hewlett Packard Cameras

Franz

Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are you pleased with it.
Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the cost spectrum.

Chris H.

In article <MVnec.30104$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Franz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are you pleased with it.
> Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the cost spectrum.

When I bought my iMac I had the choice of $100 cash or a (then) $200 HP
Photosmart 318 as a rebate. I took the camera, and I am not at all
impressed. The images are uninspiring to say the least, it has no manual
control other than flash, file size, self timer and digital "zoom". And
now every time I turn it on I have to reset the time & date, but even
before this malfunction it had to be reset every time I changed the
batteries. Needless to say I would not even consider another HP camera.

Chris H.

--

Remove cargo from net to reply by e-mail.

Howard

I do not buy computers from kodak
I do not buy cameras from HP

In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

J.S.Pitanga

> [Chris H.:]
> Is anyone here using an HP digital camera and if so are
> you pleased with it.
> Just curious as to how HP's camera at both ends of the
> cost spectrum.

I own since February 2004 a HP Photosmart 850, camera #3, because #1 and
#2 showed lots of white spots and dust inside the lens after just a few
days of normal use. This happens with camera #3 as well, although in
smaller amount. Still worse, now camera #3 became completely unable to
focus, and the thoroughly unfocused image appears in the LCD inside a
black circular frame, after a big noise while switching the camera on. The
dust issue seems to be quite common, as many people report the same, but
as yet I've not seen anyone reporting anything similar to the latter
issue. Except for this, the camera produced excellent photos, and I'm
still to see in the next weeks how the warranty will be honoured by HP.

--
J.S.Pitanga