Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Konica Minolta - Dimage Z1 Digital Camera

Konica Minolta - Dimage Z1 Digital Camera

JStONGE123

Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how you liked it.

Thanks.

The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
through your guttiwuts.

J.S.Pitanga

> [JStONGE123:]Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how
> you liked it.

I had one for two days, till the switch finder broke and I gave it back.
I've seen many user reviews, maybe even the majority of them, reporting
the same problem after just a few days of use. It's said that the new DZ2
fixed the problem, but I would wait for some reviews before buying one.
Comparing both DZ1 and DZ2 image quality to that of Olympus UZ cameras,
I've found that the latter produces noticeably sharper images, although
the DZ colours seems to be nicer in default settings. Except for this it's
a lovely camera, and I hope it improves and fixes its problems.

--
J.S.Pitanga

Baabin

I've had one for three weeks, and other than there are so many modes and so
on (read that as the camera's is very versatile) I have had no problems.

I think I have finally got it down for the picture side anyway, next is the
video capacity.

Bruce
"J.S.Pitanga" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > [JStONGE123:]Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how
> > you liked it.

> I had one for two days, till the switch finder broke and I gave it back.
> I've seen many user reviews, maybe even the majority of them, reporting
> the same problem after just a few days of use. It's said that the new DZ2
> fixed the problem, but I would wait for some reviews before buying one.
> Comparing both DZ1 and DZ2 image quality to that of Olympus UZ cameras,
> I've found that the latter produces noticeably sharper images, although
> the DZ colours seems to be nicer in default settings. Except for this it's
> a lovely camera, and I hope it improves and fixes its problems.
>
> --
> J.S.Pitanga

Andrew

On 11 Apr 2004 19:06:36 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)unists (JStONGE123)
wrote:

>Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how you liked it.

I have had one for 2 weeks and am extremely happy with it.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble (E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

Chris Oates

"JStONGE123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how you liked it.

Works OK

http://www.freeuploads.co.uk/uploads/bugatti_5.jpg

Jim Vatunz

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:25:05 +0100, "Chris Oates" <none> wrote:

>"JStONGE123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Anyone have one? I am in the market and was wondering how you liked it.

>Works OK
>
>http://www.freeuploads.co.uk/uploads/bugatti_5.jpg

Great picture and that's certainly been my experience of owning a Z1
as well.

I have a webcam in the tropics
http://ii.net/~farmerjim/

JStONGE123

Thanks guys. Your opinions have swayed me. I will be buying one.

The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
through your guttiwuts.

gmr2048

If you haven't purchased a Z1 yet, consider the Z2. If you're in the
US, buy.com has the Z2 for $50 more than the Z1. From what I have
heard, the Z2 is the same camera with an additional ~1MP of
resolution.

I've had the Z2 for about 3 weeks now and have been completely happy
with it. The image quality is superb (tho I long for a dSLR). My only
Z2 complaint is that it has neither RAW nor TIFF format. Only JPG.

-gary

On 12 Apr 2004 05:31:30 GMT, (E-Mail Removed)unists (JStONGE123)
wrote:

>Thanks guys. Your opinions have swayed me. I will be buying one.
>

>The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow. A nice warm vibratey feeling all
>through your guttiwuts.

Andrew

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:32:58 -0400, gmr2048 <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>If you haven't purchased a Z1 yet, consider the Z2. If you're in the
>US, buy.com has the Z2 for $50 more than the Z1. From what I have
>heard, the Z2 is the same camera with an additional ~1MP of
>resolution.

That is $100 more than I paid for my Z1.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble (E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.

Chris Oates

"Andrew" <spamtrap@localhost> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> That is $100 more than I paid for my Z1.
> --

Which will be 100UKP more than I paid for mine