Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Convert to NTP Timestamp

Convert to NTP Timestamp

Manzoorul Hassan

I need to convert a date / time to NTP Timestamp, in HEX no less, and
was wondering if there might be a module for it.

Any ideas? I have been searching for NTP Timestamp under Perl but have
not found much - yet.

- manzoor

Jim Gibson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
Manzoorul Hassan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I need to convert a date / time to NTP Timestamp, in HEX no less, and
> was wondering if there might be a module for it.
>
> Any ideas? I have been searching for NTP Timestamp under Perl but have
> not found much - yet.

I googled 'perl ntp timestamp' and got this interesting link:

<http://www.kloth.net/software/sntp.php>

a complete NTP client in Perl that prints out the timestamp in hex.
Maybe that would help. There is also the Net::NTP module on CPAN
(<http://search.cpan.org>).

This newsgroup is defunct. Ask general Perl questions in
comp.lang.perl.misc and questions about Perl modules in
comp.lang.perl.modules.