Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > defining subroutines when using interpreter interactively?

defining subroutines when using interpreter interactively?

MackS

Hi folks,

Following FAQ 3.1, I am now interacting with the compiler interactively
(in debug mode) by calling

$ perl -de 1

However, I am not able to define a new subroutine for some repeated use
while debugging. Is there any way to define a subroutine in interactive
mode? (Other than "use"ing it, that is.)

Thanks in advance,

Mack