Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Kerry's subversion of the military hailedby KGB

Kerry's subversion of the military hailedby KGB

NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH

"As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
and built a credibility gap between America and European public
opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
John Kerry -
http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...0402260828.asp

El Kabong

Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!

"NAZI DADS FOR BUSHIT" < http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) >
wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> "As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
> I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
> almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
> Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
> operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
> foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
> and built a credibility gap between America and European public
> opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
> told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
> John Kerry -
> http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...0402260828.asp

Stan

(E-Mail Removed) (NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> "As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
> I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
> almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
> Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
> operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
> foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
> and built a credibility gap between America and European public
> opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
> told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
> John Kerry -
> http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...0402260828.asp

What camera did the spy chief use in Romania?

zootwoman

(E-Mail Removed) (NASCAR DADS FOR BUSH) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> "As a spy chief and a general in the former Soviet satellite of Romania,
> I produced the very same vitriol Kerry repeated to the U.S. Congress
> almost word for word and planted it in leftist movements throughout
> Europe. KGB chairman Yuri Andropov managed our anti-Vietnam War
> operation. He often bragged about having damaged the U.S.
> foreign-policy consensus, poisoned domestic debate in the U.S.,
> and built a credibility gap between America and European public
> opinion through our disinformation operations. Vietnam was, he once
> told me, 'our most significant success'." Ion Mihai Pacepa on
> John Kerry -
> http://www.nationalreview.com/commen...0402260828.asp

Ion Mihai Pacepa works for branch Bushian division of CIA

another crude slur
Another crude slur
With a campaign of distortion and lies, the right-wing smear machine
is trying to impugn the military honor of John Kerry.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Joe Conason

March 6, 2004 | The contrast between the military careers of George
W. Bush and John Kerry is drawing veterans to the Democratic Party --
and maddening conservative Republicans who have grown accustomed to
monopolizing the symbolism of flag and country. To tarnish Kerry, the
right has reached back more than 30 years to develop a narrative that
transforms him from hero to traitor, by distorting his antiwar
activism after he returned from Vietnam.

They hope to convince America that by testifying and organizing for
peace, the young Navy lieutenant somehow "dishonored" his fellow
sailors and soldiers.

This effort began quite crudely, with the anonymous distribution of a
faked photo of Kerry with Jane Fonda. But now Kerry critics are
focused on the so-called "Winter Soldier" investigation -- a public
event staged in January 1971 by Kerry and other leaders of Vietnam
Veterans Against the War to expose the brutality and devastation of
the Indochina conflict.

The right-wing extremists at Free Republic have set up a new "Winter
Soldier" Web site devoted to that event, highlighting Kerry's
subsequent testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
about alleged U.S. war crimes. According to the Freeper theory, he
"launched his political career" by denigrating his comrades in arms,
although nobody who reads his testimony will find much evidence to
support that accusation. (He did run for Congress in 1972 -- and lost
in part because of his VVAW connections.)

Today's Daypass sponsored by Scribner

Coordinating with the Freeper attack are Texas chicken-hawk Rep. Tom
DeLay, who recently upbraided Kerry for the Winter Soldier episode,
and Gary Aldrich, the former White House FBI agent who fabricated
salacious stories about Bill and Hillary Clinton, who now suspects
that Kerry was "pro-Communistic" and is demanding to see his old FBI
files.

Meanwhile, the National Review descended still further, featuring a
weird article by Romania's former Communist spy chief, in which he
insinuates that Kerry, and anyone else who talked about atrocities in
Vietnam, was really an instrument of KGB propaganda. (It is remarkable
to see a "conservative" magazine publish a smear written by a man who
once facilitated the atrocities of the Ceausescu regime.) The essay by
Ion Mihai Pacepa, who defected to the West in 1978, is titled "Kerry's
Soviet Rhetoric," and claims that his testimony about the war in 1971
"sounds exactly like the disinformation line that the Soviets were
sowing worldwide throughout the Vietnam era."

Had Kerry said or done something stupid at the impressionable age of
25 -- after surviving horrific jungle warfare that had cost the lives
of several close friends -- his furious protests would be forgivable
more than 30 years later. He, too, might have been "young and foolish
when he was young and foolish," as a famous man put it. But in
contrast to the VVAW's radicalized veterans and other elements of the
antiwar movement, Kerry was sober and mature. Some of his own allies
openly disdained him for his moderation. Although he, too, was
disillusioned and angry, Kerry insisted on working "within the
system." During that period he spent much of his energy trying to
register young people to vote for antiwar congressional candidates.

It's also true that he led raucous demonstrations in Washington, and
participated in the "Winter Soldier" hearings. When he appeared before
the Senate three months later, he spoke at length about reported
American atrocities, attributing most of the specific allegations to
veterans who had testified during Winter Soldier. Graphic references
to rape, dismemberment and murder took up less than a paragraph of his
lengthy testimony, but they certainly brought no credit on the U.S.
military. Yet his eloquent words won bipartisan praise from the
senators who listened to him.

Kerry didn't join the antiwar movement to indict his fellow soldiers;
he often spoke with passion about the injustices done to them, both
during the war and when they returned home to inadequate medical care
and an indifferent government. His purpose was to prevent more of them
from being killed, as he said over and over again.

He didn't try to absolve himself when denouncing the indiscriminate
violence of the war. On "Meet the Press," he confessed that he had
participated in "the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other
soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire
zones." But he felt strongly that U.S. military commanders and
civilian policymakers were far more culpable for those atrocities than
the men who obeyed their orders. Appalled by the civilian casualties
in the "free-fire zones" marked out by their commanders, Kerry and
other junior officers had gone to Saigon in January 1969 to complain
to their superior -- and were of course ignored.

The free-fire zones, the use of napalm, the carpet-bombing and the
assassination programs were all aspects of a guerrilla conflict that
could not be prosecuted without killing thousands of civilians. Only
by falsifying history -- and assuming that nobody will remember the
truth -- can Kerry's right-wing critics claim that he somehow misled
the country about what was happening in Vietnam. The smear depends on
historical amnesia.

Last year the suppressed recollections of that disturbing past emerged
again, when investigative journalist Gregory Vistica revealed wartime
secrets long concealed by Bob Kerrey. Although the most incriminating
details remain disputed, the former senator and Congressional Medal of
Honor winner has admitted that he and Navy SEALS under his command
massacred civilians during a nighttime raid on a hamlet called Thanh
Phong in 1969. The ensuing debate over his conduct revived searing
memories of My Lai, the village where hundreds of civilians were raped
and murdered in March 1968 by U.S. soldiers.

In 1971, John Kerry told the Senate that if William Calley and the
other soldiers who committed those atrocities were guilty, then so
were the commanders who had made such crimes inevitable and then
covered them up. "I think if you are going to try Lieutenant Calley
then you must at the same time, if this country is going to demand
respect for the law, you must at the same time try all those other
people who have responsibility, and any aversion that we may have to
the verdict as veterans is not to say that Calley should be freed, not
to say that he is innocent, but to say that you can't just take him
alone." Kerry's critics argue that My Lai was an isolated incident,
but at least one celebrated general doesn't agree.

Secretary of State Colin Powell held a command position in the Army's
Americal Division, which had included Calley's unit, and he was asked
to investigate the earliest allegations about My Lai. He failed to
uncover the massacre and was later accused of facilitating the
coverup. Whether that accusation is fair or not, Powell knows what
happened in Vietnam.

"My Lai was an appalling example of much that had gone wrong in
Vietnam," he wrote in his bestselling autobiography, "My American
Journey." "The involvement of so many unprepared officers and noncoms
led to breakdowns in morale, discipline and professional judgment --
and to horrors like My Lai -- as the troops became numb to what
appeared to be endless and mindless slaughter." For some reason,
despite his loyalty to the president, Powell doesn't seem eager to
attack John Kerry.

Unclaimed Mysteries

Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:

> Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
> It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!

If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

El Kabong

"Unclaimed Mysteries"
<theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net> wrote in message
news:d_Fdc.2647$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:
>
> > Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
> > It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!
> >

> If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

Ok, I prefer Electro Harmonix tubes and believe it or not,
also the antiquated chemical method in developing film and printing still
photos.

Kabong!~!~!~!

> --
> It Came From C. L. Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
> http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Bo Raxo

"El Kabong" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:B1Hdc.7514$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Unclaimed Mysteries"
> <theletter_k_andthenumeral_4_doh@unclaimedmysterie s.net> wrote in message
> news:d_Fdc.2647$(E-Mail Removed) ink.net...
> > Top postin' El Ka-BONNNNNNNG! wrote in part:
> >
> > > Thanks for that boring info on how not to repair a guitar amp.
> > > It really made my day. Those excellent tips are indispensable!
> > >

> > If you're not a fan of Svetlana tubes just say so.

> Ok, I prefer Electro Harmonix tubes and believe it or not,
> also the antiquated chemical method in developing film and printing still
> photos.

So to complete the list, I'm guessing you go with the old-fashioned crime
methods, too: pick victims like prostitutes and runaways that nobody will
report missing, and move from one jurisdiction to the next.

Me, I go with the modern leave-no-forensics methods, but to each his own.

> Kabong!~!~!~!
>
> > --
> > It Came From C. L. Smith's Unclaimed Mysteries.
> > http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

There's some really, really cool photography on that unclaimedmysteries
site.

Bo Raxo