Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Who is the worst bassist ever?

Who is the worst bassist ever?

Stephan Bennet

It's not fair to pick Sid Vicious. They couldn't play and that was half the
point. It would be like telling a cubist that his portraits don't look very
realistic. The Worst should be someone who actually believed that they were
good.

"Henry!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c56aua$2p49s5$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Wenn I started bass, a friend of mine called me Sid.
> Because of the bass, and because I was vicious with girls.
> (now, my wife calls me Googley Bear, like in Monsters, Inc. It's true that
> physically, I'm halfay between the Terminator and Yogi the bear).
> Anyway, he was the bass player, and he made a lot more for his band that

for
> bass playing.
> --
> Henry!
> "Your shoes have got to match what colour guitar you're playing. I had

this
> black guitar and I was going, 'Gem, I can't seem to dress with this
> guitar'."
>
> "Nigel Goodwin" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
> > In message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > Harvey James <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> > >sid vicious

> > Was he the bass player?, I was never a Sex Pistols fan, but I saw a
> > video on a music channels a few weeks ago - the bass player was
> > absolutely pathetic - I heard he was only there because he was related
> > to one of the others.
> > --
> > Nigel Goodwin
> > C.Farmer Ltd.
> > Matlock

David

"Harvey James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> sid vicious

I second that

Thom

I dunno, the guitarist for the Sex Pistols...compared to modern day
punk guitarists was by comparrison a virtuoso. He played some really
neat 50's guitar riffs. As for the rest of the band....well it is
punk.

-Thom

"Stephan Bennet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<cfeeb$4077746a$4069645b$(E-Mail Removed) servers.com>...
> It's not fair to pick Sid Vicious. They couldn't play and that was half the
> point. It would be like telling a cubist that his portraits don't look very
> realistic. The Worst should be someone who actually believed that they were
> good.

howard

"Stephan Bennet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cfeeb$4077746a$4069645b$(E-Mail Removed) ervers.com...
> It's not fair to pick Sid Vicious. They couldn't play and that was half

the
> point. It would be like telling a cubist that his portraits don't look

very
> realistic. The Worst should be someone who actually believed that they

were
> good.

Sorry, they *were* good. Only sad old hippies said they
couldn't play. Glen Matlock was the original bass player
and co-wrote 'Never mind the *******s', one of Britain's
finest albums which inspired *many* young bands.

All the 'hype' came fron Malc 'the Talc', the 'manager'.

Please don't argue !

Thom

Nikki Sixx isn't a great bassist, but I don't know if I would go so
far as saying he is the worst bassist ever. Besides, the new Brides
of Destruction stuff is really good...simple bass lines, but great
guitar and great vocals.

-Thom

"Matt Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Nikki Sixx...Motley Crue.
>
> "Tony Parkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
> > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
> > well listen to a cow farting.

Matt Sullivan

Alright, I'll buy that. Not the worst ever, but still, not very good.

"Thom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Nikki Sixx isn't a great bassist, but I don't know if I would go so
> far as saying he is the worst bassist ever. Besides, the new Brides
> of Destruction stuff is really good...simple bass lines, but great
> guitar and great vocals.
>
> -Thom
>
> "Matt Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > Nikki Sixx...Motley Crue.
> >
> > "Tony Parkinson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > > Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
> > > reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
> > > well listen to a cow farting.

George Mann

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tony Parkinson) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Geddy Lee's got my vote. Half hearted appologies to any canadians
> reading this but that guy is the most overrated bassist ever, might as
> well listen to a cow farting.

Only an idiot would accuse Getty of being anything but one of the best!