Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Black bodied dRebel / 300D

Black bodied dRebel / 300D

Ed E.

Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
bodied Digital Rebel...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...s300dblack.asp

David J Taylor

"Ed E." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
> bodied Digital Rebel...
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...s300dblack.asp

Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

Cheers,
David

John Navas

In <1Yidc.5788$(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 08 Apr 2004
20:52:13 GMT, "David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit>
wrote:

>"Ed E." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
>> bodied Digital Rebel...
>>
>> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...s300dblack.asp

>Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

That's my guess.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Ed E.

Well, I didn't read far enough. Only the Kiss (Japanese) version is going
to have a black option. I can't imagine they'll shut out the rest of the
world, though.

John Navas

In <(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:10:16 -0400, "Ed
E." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, I didn't read far enough. Only the Kiss (Japanese) version is going
>to have a black option. I can't imagine they'll shut out the rest of the
>world, though.

That and the USM version of the kit lens are pretty good reasons to go gray
market IMHO.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Roland Karlsson

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
news:1Yidc.5788$(E-Mail Removed):

> Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

Yupp - unfortunately the 300D does not look half
as cool as the D70 in black

/Roland

Lucas Tam

"David J Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)-this-bit> wrote in
news:1Yidc.5788$(E-Mail Removed):

> Playing catchup with the Nikon D70?

Unfortunately the D70 is still a much better camera.

Guess we'll need to wait for the 350D or whatever the next camera is called
: )

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Charles Schuler

"Ed E." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
> bodied Digital Rebel...
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...s300dblack.asp

Gee, that's wonderful. Now, if they would also offer flash exposure
compensation and focus mode control somebody might care.

Bowzah

Well, thank God for that. We all know how much better pix can be with a
black camera.

"Ed E." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, I guess Canon was listening this time. They're releasing a black
> bodied Digital Rebel...
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0404/04...s300dblack.asp

~ Darrell ~

Gee it look even more plastic with that finish. They should have gone to a
textured black.