Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Waterproof for fishing

Waterproof for fishing

Bill Kiene

Hi All,

I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is under
$500.

I did see the Sony that is about $250USD and it looks pretty good for what I
am looking for but I would go up a little.

It is usually for carrying with me while fishing for snap shots of people
and fish.

I ruined all the small non-water proof film cameras I had till I got a
little waterproof Cannon A1 @ $200?

Thanks.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

nellybly

In article <Ag7dc.19692$(E-Mail Removed)> , Bill Kiene
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is under
> $500.
> Thanks.

Take a look at the Pentax 33wr. It is heavily discounted right now,
and there is a $50 manufacturer's rebate, as the 4 megapixel 43wr is
supposed to be in stores in June.
NB

Doug Kanter

"Bill Kiene" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Ag7dc.19692$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to find a smaller size waterproof digital camera that is

under
> $500.
>
> I did see the Sony that is about $250USD and it looks pretty good for what

> am looking for but I would go up a little.
>
> It is usually for carrying with me while fishing for snap shots of people
> and fish.
>
> I ruined all the small non-water proof film cameras I had till I got a
> little waterproof Cannon A1 @ $200?

Yesterday, in my email, I got a bulletin from PC Magazine (www.pcmag.com)
which mentioned some good things about one of the Olympus Stylus digital
models that's supposedly sealed against the elements. It didn't say it was
totally waterproof. Unfortunately, I deleted the email because I'm not in
the market for that sort of thing, but you should be able to find it at the
web site.

Charlie Dilks

In article <afhdc.1090$(E-Mail Removed)>, Doug Kanter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Yesterday, in my email, I got a bulletin from PC Magazine (www.pcmag.com)
> which mentioned some good things about one of the Olympus Stylus digital
> models that's supposedly sealed against the elements. It didn't say it was
> totally waterproof. Unfortunately, I deleted the email because I'm not in
> the market for that sort of thing, but you should be able to find it at the
> web site.

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...tal_stylus.asp

Waterproof case for A570IS or Waterproof Camera SMS Digital Photography 2 01-22-2010 05:19 AM
Fishing Render Me Computer Support 4 08-21-2005 11:05 AM
Fishing digital photo (using Sony Mavica and Casio EPX600) Stan Digital Photography 0 10-22-2004 08:59 PM
camera for fishing? Bill Kiene Digital Photography 6 04-30-2004 01:10 PM
'trout' fishing in america ThunderStruck!! Computer Support 18 01-20-2004 10:07 AM

Advertisments