Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon 10D for $999?

Canon 10D for $999?

user too

http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d

How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling for
$1495.

Mark M

"user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
>
> How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling for
> $1495.

Did you happen to notice that they are asking !!!!! $699.00 !!!!! for an
un-branded 1GB CF card?!?!?

This place is screwy at best...
....Totally bogus/crooked at worst (and this is by far the most likely fact).

I wouldn't touch this deal, but I suspect a call will reveal much.

Don't call with a credit card in the same room as you, much less in your
hand...

Mark M

"user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
>
> How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling for
> $1495.

In addition to my other post...

Notice that next to "Availability" it says: "Order now"...which is
absolutely NOT an indication that they actually have a 10D in stock.

This looks like a big fat scam.
Also... When a place like this throws words in like "Pro" next to many of
their accessories, it's usually a rip-off joint.
After all... What "Pro" would be buying a 64MB CF memory card for !!!!
$129?!?!?!
256MB cards from SanDisk can be had for $40.

Patrick L.

"user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
>
> How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling for
> $1495.

Read the reviews.

Patrick

davies

I sent 2 emails to this lot a month ago for a quote on shipping to the uk
and they did not reply. It put me off and I thought it maybe a scam! but
alot of effort has gone in to their website for it to be a scam

"Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
> >
> > How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling

for
> > $1495.

> In addition to my other post...
>
> Notice that next to "Availability" it says: "Order now"...which is
> absolutely NOT an indication that they actually have a 10D in stock.
>
> This looks like a big fat scam.
> Also... When a place like this throws words in like "Pro" next to many of
> their accessories, it's usually a rip-off joint.
> After all... What "Pro" would be buying a 64MB CF memory card for !!!!
> $129?!?!?!
> 256MB cards from SanDisk can be had for $40.

Mark B.

"user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
>
> How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling for
> $1495.

Of COURSE it's a scam.

Mark M

"davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c538ct$2ocu95$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I sent 2 emails to this lot a month ago for a quote on shipping to the uk
> and they did not reply. It put me off and I thought it maybe a scam! but
> alot of effort has gone in to their website for it to be a scam

In that case...I'll be sure to let you know when my new slick web-site is
ready to sell you that ocean-front property in Arizona.

> "Mark M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >
> > "user too" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:_%6dc.4534$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > http://www.amphotoworld.com/product.asp?id=cneos10d
> > >
> > > How is this possible? Must be a scam - all major stores still selling

> for
> > > $1495.

> > In addition to my other post...
> >
> > Notice that next to "Availability" it says: "Order now"...which is
> > absolutely NOT an indication that they actually have a 10D in stock.
> >
> > This looks like a big fat scam.
> > Also... When a place like this throws words in like "Pro" next to many

of
> > their accessories, it's usually a rip-off joint.
> > After all... What "Pro" would be buying a 64MB CF memory card for !!!!
> > $129?!?!?!
> > 256MB cards from SanDisk can be had for $40.

Andy

> "davies" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c538ct$2ocu95$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> > I sent 2 emails to this lot a month ago for a quote on shipping to the

uk
> > and they did not reply. It put me off and I thought it maybe a scam! but
> > alot of effort has gone in to their website for it to be a scam

> In that case...I'll be sure to let you know when my new slick web-site is
> ready to sell you that ocean-front property in Arizona.

I'll be first to buy it if you accept $0.50 bills. lol