Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Cross-postin is destoying this newsgroup.

Cross-postin is destoying this newsgroup.

Michael P Gabriel

I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
America!

Where else can we go that won't be invaded by morons!

nonowt

Michael P Gabriel wrote:

>It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
> America!

No - the mental midget is merely a front man for the nasty people who
really run your country

> Where else can we go that won't be invaded by morons!

Well don't try anywhere with oil for a start...

Joseph Meehan

Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
> digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
> every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
> America!

For starters maybe you could learn that the internet and newsgroups are
not just for the US. There is a whole world out there. Maybe if more
Americans knew that and really learned more about it, they would not put
president in office that thinks he runs the world.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Rick

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:QlXcc.23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> > I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
> > digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
> > every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
> > America!

> For starters maybe you could learn that the internet and newsgroups are
> not just for the US. There is a whole world out there. Maybe if more
> Americans knew that and really learned more about it, they would not put
> president in office that thinks he runs the world.

Wow, great job at reducing the number of OT posts in this
group.

(I happen to agree with your last comment tho. Bush's "your
either with us or with the terrorists" speech will go down as
one of the all-time highlights of mental midgetry. It was the
first time in human history where 5.8 billion people all rolled
their eyes in disgust at the same time.)

Rick

Charlie Self

Joseph Meehan writes:

>Michael P Gabriel wrote:
>> I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
>> digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
>> every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
>> America!

> For starters maybe you could learn that the internet and newsgroups are
>not just for the US. There is a whole world out there. Maybe if more
>Americans knew that and really learned more about it, they would not put
>president in office that thinks he runs the world.

Wouldn't it have been simpler to tell the guy to learn to use filters? Many,
maybe most, Americans detest GWB, but that isn't useful info for the original
poster.

Charlie Self
"Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped
teething." Mark Twain

browntimdc

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michael P Gabriel) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
> digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
> every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
> America!
>
> Where else can we go that won't be invaded by morons!

Get a good news reader and learn to use the filters.

http://Xnews.newsguy.com

Tim

--

"The strongest human instinct is to impart information,
and the second strongest is to resist it."

Kenneth Graham

Paul H.

"browntimdc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> Get a good news reader and learn to use the filters.
>
> http://Xnews.newsguy.com
>
> Tim

Enough with the "use filters" nonsense, already-- you're beating a veritable
herd of dead horses. This newsgroup has been going to hell for some time
now and all those who wanted to use a newsreader with filters have already
done so. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people who used to contribute
to discussions on this group aren't that computer literate and they have
simply said, "Oh, who <bleep> cares..." and gone someplace else. Take a
look at how the real on-topic traffic in this group has dropped off since
just the end of last year: Soon there won't be anything left to read after
filtering.

Face it: rec.photo.digital is dead because a couple of jerk-offs had
moronic bents for malice through cross-posting and x-rated spamming and all
of the mindless parroting about using filters ("Use filters! Use filters!
!!!>AWK<!!! Polly want a cracker!") isn't going to bring it back.

I would suggest that people instead try the groups at
www.steves-digicams.com or www.dpreview.com , et al., instead of posting
here. As a side benefit, they won't have to put up with those Sons and
Daughters of Liberty who proclaim, "It's a basic human right to post
messages about having sex with gerbils on rec.photo.digital!" everytime
someone complains about the situation. Frankly, I don't know who's worse:
the off-topic cross-posters, the x-rated spammers, the people who defend the
latter two, or those running around with the "Filters Solve Every Problem!"
flags.

This group is a corpse, bloated and stinking in the noon-day sun. It
doesn't need filters-- it needs a good buryin' shovel and a headstone.

Paul H.

"Joseph Meehan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QlXcc.23$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Michael P Gabriel wrote:
> > I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
> > digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
> > every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
> > America!

> For starters maybe you could learn that the internet and newsgroups

are
> not just for the US. There is a whole world out there. Maybe if more
> Americans knew that and really learned more about it, they would not put
> president in office that thinks he runs the world.
>

> > Where else can we go that won't be invaded by morons!

> --
> Joseph E. Meehan
>
> 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

You really don't have much room to criticize others when every one of your
posts ends with a proclaimation of Irish Nationalist bullshit. Do you
really think the rest of the freaking world cares a whit about Irish
Re-Unification? I can assure you it doesn't and your cute little "Irish
Math" tag line is just as annoying as any American flag-waving I've ever
seen on this group. And just what the hell does your moronic, provencial
political stance have to do with digital photography, anyway?

For starters, you should clean the crap out of your own house first before
complaining about smell coming from your neighbor's back yard. This isn't
an Irish Internet, after all, so please restrain your offensive zealotry.
As a citizen of the world, it disgusts me.

Paolo Pizzi

Michael P Gabriel wrote:

> It's obvious that mental midgets are taking
> over America!

Oh well, just look at our President for a good
confirmation of that...

BTW, the internet isn't exactly "America",
unless you believe that the US owns the
world... (Republicans typically do.)

Unclaimed Mysteries

Joseph Meehan wrote:

> Michael P Gabriel wrote:
>
>>I wish this newsgroup were monitored so I could use it to learn about
>>digital cameras and imaging, and not have to look at stupid titles
>>every other post! It's obvious that mental midgets are taking over
>>America!

> For starters maybe you could learn that the internet and newsgroups are
> not just for the US. There is a whole world out there. Maybe if more
> Americans knew that and really learned more about it, they would not put
> president in office that thinks he runs the world.

Hey but he seems to be implying that the mental midgets are American.
It's okay to be non-inclusive if you're talking *bad* about Americans,
right? Mmmmkay.

Oh, and to the original poster: this newsgroup is being monitored. You
bet it is. So watch what you say. And think. and do. THEY are listening.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

"Religion isn't the opiate of the masses. When
properly used, religion is the methamphetamine
of the masses." - nu-monet v6.0 in alt.slack