Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advice on choosing a slide/film scanner

Advice on choosing a slide/film scanner

Barry Rogoff

These scanners are currently selling on eBay in my price range. They are
listed in descending order by approximate price. I would appreciate any
opinions or advice, particularly experiences with getting service or
support. I'm planning to use the scanner to make a fairly large archive
of slides and negatives available for print and/or online publication.
Thanks! -Barry

Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED
Nikon Super Coolscan V ED
CANON FS4000
Pacific Image PrimeFilm 3650
Sony UY-S90
Minolta Dimage Scan Elite II
Nikon IV ED (LS-40) Coolscan
BenQ 2750i
Microtek 4000t
Pacific Image PrimeFilm 3600

PeterZiminski

I'd stick w/ the Nikon, but see these reviews:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/SCAN1.HTM

also, to keep track of your slides
check out a free demo of PhotoLibrary at
http://www.PhotoLibrarySoftware.com/

and the Open Directory which has a list of Image Management Software at
http://dmoz.org/Computers/Software/G...e_Cataloguing/

See this review too.

http://www.photosource.com/tools/software/

Pete