Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Start and stop AIX print queues from a web page?

Start and stop AIX print queues from a web page?

badtemper@gmail.com

Is there any way to use perl or any other programming language to
perform a "qchk -A" from a web page and see the listing?

My problem is that I manage the network for a medical facility that is
staffed 24/7/365 and when they are replacing the label stock on their
barcode printers or the printer is taken offline, the queues are
dropping.

I would like to have a web page that would like the status of all the
queues, along with a start / stop button to enable/disable queues.

Thanks for all the help.