Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > NG spammers

NG spammers

Si

The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming intollerable.

Si.

Lucas Tam

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c4uo0c$fvm$(E-Mail Removed):

> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming
> intollerable.

Learn to use your kill file ; ) Works great!

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Si

"Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94C3885038B4Cnntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> "Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:c4uo0c$fvm$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming
> > intollerable.

> Learn to use your kill file ; ) Works great!
>

> --

Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
frequently.

Si.

Samuel

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c4uo0c$fvm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

intollerable.

> Si.

Why doesn't someone report these. I was once contacted by my ISP with a
WARNING and to contact them right away by phone. I was then scolded and
called a SPAMMER because I replied to a post that was crossposted to a coin
collecting group. I was on a political NG and was unaware I had violated any
rules and only responded to an on topic post to the group I was on. Comcast
said I had to go to a Microsoft site somewhere to read up on what I did
wrong. They couldn't even tell me where to find the info I needed. What
should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong? I agreed and
promised to never misbehave again. So next time I should tell them to ****
up a rope?

Lucas Tam

"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c4ut57$gn7$1
@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

> Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
> frequently.

You're not filtering by the right words then (or by the proper regular
expressions).

I haven't updated my killfile for 3 - 4 months and the group is looking
good.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Lucas Tam

"Samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289
@attbi_s54:

> What
> should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong?

Just tell them you didn't realize you cross posted - that you just replied
to a spam message (which in itself is a bad idea) : )

Next time make sure your post is not being crossposted. hehe

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Maggot

> "Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c4ut57$gn7$1
> @newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:
>
>> Oh, I do know how to use it, it's just that I'm adding to it far too
>> frequently.

> You're not filtering by the right words then (or by the proper regular
> expressions).
>
> I haven't updated my killfile for 3 - 4 months and the group is looking
> good.

I have to agree, someone posted some filters for Xnews (was that you Lucas?)
and I've had no problems with spammers in this NG.

Mike

--
"All my friends can't be wrong!"
Remember, stupidity runs in herds.

Samuel

"Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns94C3A835DACC0nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> "Samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289
> @attbi_s54:
>
> > What
> > should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong?

> Just tell them you didn't realize you cross posted - that you just replied
> to a spam message (which in itself is a bad idea) : )

I didn't respond to a spammer. I responded correctly if one were to go by
the habits of everyone on this group. I am saying I was reported for what
everyone else is doing here and no one seems to complain or care.

> Next time make sure your post is not being crossposted. hehe

What ARE the rules about crossposting anyway I never did go search like
Comcast said I should. I just do what everyone else seems to do.
The way I feel now is that if Comcast gives me the same **** they did last
time I will respond in a different way. Unfortunately this group seems to be
the most polluted one I have sever seen. To bad too as the photo guys are a
nice group.

> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

John Navas

In <wNDcc.197382$1p.2264289@attbi_s54> on Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:45:33 GMT,
"Samuel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Si" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c4uo0c$fvm$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The troll spamming and cross posting to this group is becoming

>intollerable.
>>

> Why doesn't someone report these.

People have, but not all ISPs will take action.

>I was once contacted by my ISP with a
>WARNING and to contact them right away by phone. I was then scolded and
>called a SPAMMER because I replied to a post that was crossposted to a coin
>collecting group. I was on a political NG and was unaware I had violated any
>rules and only responded to an on topic post to the group I was on. Comcast
>said I had to go to a Microsoft site somewhere to read up on what I did
>wrong. They couldn't even tell me where to find the info I needed. What
>should I have said to Comcast in reply to what I did wrong? I agreed and
>promised to never misbehave again. So next time I should tell them to ****
>up a rope?

Not unless you want to change ISPs.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Samuel

news:TcHcc.4192$(E-Mail Removed)...

****
> >up a rope?

> Not unless you want to change ISPs.

Well around here anyway, the ISPs are like the cable co. No one else to go
to. Monopoly? Maybe there would be better quality if there was some
competition.