Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Need sliwshow software to automatically show photos and play sounds

Need sliwshow software to automatically show photos and play sounds

Thumper

Hi Ralph. I understand what you mean and I totally agree with you. But
ACDSee won't automatically play WAV files "associated" (ie, not
"embedded") to JPG files.

My goal is to allow my 60-something father-in-law transfer his JPG and
WAV files from his Canon digital camera to a folder in XP and then. in
a click or two. view a slideshow (in ACDSee or another app) that will
play his WAV files when the "associated" photo appears in the
slideshow.

ACDSee doesn't appear to do that. However, it does allow you to
"embed" files (as you correctly described). But that is too
complicated for him and involves more a few clicks and so ACDSee can't
do wha I need it to do.

Thanks anyway.

> Sorry Thumper, but it does.
> Play the demo file and you will here a camera sound when the camera picture
> is displayed.
> Follow the instructions for the "Play command" in the Help menu under Index.
> Create your album and add the photos to it.
> Select the photo you want to add the sound to and press F7.
> Add something like "wav|D:\TMP\Thunder.wav" to the Play box in the right
> hand column, next to the URL box.
> Click Ok and then play the album.
> It works for me.

Thumper

> Have you tried "Memories on TV"?

I jsut downloaded it and tried it now. It looks like a great program
and seems pretty easy to use. But it doesn't even allow you to embed
(let alone associate) WAV files to JPGs.

The search continues...

Ross

"Thumper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Have you tried "Memories on TV"?

> I jsut downloaded it and tried it now. It looks like a great program
> and seems pretty easy to use. But it doesn't even allow you to embed
> (let alone associate) WAV files to JPGs.
>
> The search continues...

I guess that is because it makes a the slide show into a DVD movie rather
than an actual slide show.