Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Canon BP511 battery question....

Reply
Thread Tools

Canon BP511 battery question....

 
 
advid
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004
....just received a BP511 compat battery as a spare - it came without
the little clip/back protector that the original battery had.

Anyone know where to purchase these ????
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lucas Tam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (advid) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> ...just received a BP511 compat battery as a spare - it came without
> the little clip/back protector that the original battery had.
>
> Anyone know where to purchase these ????


There's no real need for the clip.


--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))
Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave Herzstein
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004
Lucas Tam wrote:
>
> (E-Mail Removed) (advid) wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > ...just received a BP511 compat battery as a spare - it came without
> > the little clip/back protector that the original battery had.
> >
> > Anyone know where to purchase these ????

>
> There's no real need for the clip.


Sure there is - to prevent the spare battery from shorting out.

To the OP: You now own 2 batteries, one of which is presumably installed
in your camera. Use the protector from the original battery on the
spare

-Dave
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-05-2004
Dave Herzstein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Lucas Tam wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) (advid) wrote in


>> > ...just received a BP511 compat battery as a spare - it came without
>> > the little clip/back protector that the original battery had.
>> >
>> > Anyone know where to purchase these ????

>>
>> There's no real need for the clip.

>
>Sure there is - to prevent the spare battery from shorting out.


And how is that likely? Put it into a ziplock bag if you're going to
be keeping the battery with a bunch of metal objects.

>To the OP: You now own 2 batteries, one of which is presumably installed
>in your camera. Use the protector from the original battery on the
>spare


--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BP511 Battery Problem on Canon G5 Dave Lyons Digital Photography 5 06-25-2006 06:37 PM
Non- Canon Dual Battery charger for BP511 batteries John A. Stovall Digital Photography 7 04-03-2005 02:25 PM
Battery pack for Canon 300D - BP511 vs BP511A Siddhartha Jain Digital Photography 5 10-01-2004 06:55 AM
Charger for BP511 (Canon G5) Mikro Digital Photography 0 01-21-2004 02:34 PM
BP511 substitute report Stan Prevost Digital Photography 0 07-26-2003 12:24 PM



Advertisments