Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

Start of Daylight Time: Have you changed your camera clocks?

GMAN

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Harry Edwards <ih8spam@don'temailmeiwillreplyhere> wrote:
>On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 03:35:28 GMT, Dave Head <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> the

> dumb
>>>
>>>I've heard a claim that DST killed the drive-in movie business.

>>I think it did, to some extent.
>>
>>>It doesn't get dark enough to show a movie outside until almost
>>>10pm, and people don't want to wait that long.

>>Well, it gets dark enough, here in Virginia on the eastern side of the eastern
>>time zone, to show drive-in movies at about 8:30, where they used to show 'em
>>in Ohio before DST. Guess what? Still no drive-ins left. Its more than DST
>>that killed the drive-ins.
>>
>>Think about going to a drive-in in a '60s car, with tons of room, and a modern
>>car that is small, and with bucket seats to restrict movement even further.
>>Then, there's the sound system in a theater, compared to that little speaker

> at
>>the drive-in. Movies have become spectacles, with lots of special effects and
>>really great sound / music to match. A lot of the drive-ins caught onto that
>>in their last few years of existence, and offered radio signals to use the
>>car's stereo to deliver the movie audio, but it was likely too little too

> late.
>>

>Not to mention the cars would have dead batteries by the time the
>flick was over.

You should be able to run your car for days on a car battery!!!

Dave Head

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:18:44 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (GMAN) wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> the

>> dumb
>>>
>>>I've heard a claim that DST killed the drive-in movie business.

>>I think it did, to some extent.
>>
>>>It doesn't get dark enough to show a movie outside until almost
>>>10pm, and people don't want to wait that long.

>>Well, it gets dark enough, here in Virginia on the eastern side of the eastern
>>time zone, to show drive-in movies at about 8:30, where they used to show 'em
>>in Ohio before DST. Guess what? Still no drive-ins left. Its more than DST
>>that killed the drive-ins.
>>
>>Think about going to a drive-in in a '60s car, with tons of room, and a modern
>>car that is small, and with bucket seats to restrict movement even further.
>>Then, there's the sound system in a theater, compared to that little speaker at
>>the drive-in. Movies have become spectacles, with lots of special effects and
>>really great sound / music to match. A lot of the drive-ins caught onto that
>>in their last few years of existence, and offered radio signals to use the
>>car's stereo to deliver the movie audio, but it was likely too little too late.
>>

>Dude, you DONT go to a drive in movie to watch the movie!!!!!!

Dude, I do!

>The part about the cars being to small nowadays sure sucks, plus the fact that
>they will nail you for public exposure if you and your date get caught!!!

Hee hee. Its just a "sit there and watch the movie" thing - you can't do that
as comfortably as in the old, big tanks of the 50's and 60's either.

Dave Head