Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Flash does not work on Kodak DX6340

Flash does not work on Kodak DX6340

Erin Cox-Holmes

I had a kodak DC290 which finally died, and took Kodak up on their
offer for a trade for a remanufactured DX6340 at a reduced price. I've
just unpacked the camera, and the flash seems to be DOA. I cannot get
one either in fill flash or auto flash mode, even in a dark room or
any other option. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any fix beyond
sending the blinking thing back again?

It came with firmware version 1.1

thanks for any advice
Erin Cox-Holmes

Ron Hunter

Erin Cox-Holmes wrote:

> I had a kodak DC290 which finally died, and took Kodak up on their
> offer for a trade for a remanufactured DX6340 at a reduced price. I've
> just unpacked the camera, and the flash seems to be DOA. I cannot get
> one either in fill flash or auto flash mode, even in a dark room or
> any other option. Is there some setting I'm missing? Any fix beyond
> sending the blinking thing back again?
>
> It came with firmware version 1.1
>
> thanks for any advice
> Erin Cox-Holmes

It is possible to turn off the flash on that camera, but changing the
position of the mode dial, or powering off the camera will reset the
setting to 'on'. Check back with Kodak customer service....

Ron Baird

Greetings Erin,

Sorry to hear that the upgrade did not work out of the box. That is a rare
experience.

Of course, my first question is do you have full power and is the camera
acting normally. If have not charged the camera fully it could be a
problem. Although, you should be able to use all functions right away. In
your case, there must be something else going on. I would give us a call
and have the camera exchanged. It should work just fine out of the box.
What kind of batteries were included? Did the camera fire without the
flash? or will it not fire at all? Does the camera work outside in sun or
daylight.

Let me know and I will help you get your camera exchanged.

Talk to you soon.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company