Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > whatever happened to Rick Sobie's browser project?

whatever happened to Rick Sobie's browser project?

Tom Bishop

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:406CA8C3.15022.DA280A@localhost...
> He had like toy meta-browsers or something that you could expand on. Whatever
> happened to that?

Good question.

--
Tom Bishop -- http://Poetic.ZapTo.Org
"When I'm famous, I won't forget the little people.

Rick Sobie

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:406CA8C3.15022.DA280A@localhost...
> He had like toy meta-browsers or something that you could expand on. Whatever
> happened to that?

I have so busy saving the world that I haven't had a chance to develop it
further.

Duty called and all that.

I am presently too busy to get the time, however, I do plan to try and make
some time in the future to expand on that theme.

Originally I was merely in discussions with other people in the programming field
to try and address some of the problems in the industry and to showcase some
ideas I had to help to make a better desktop.

As you may or may not have noticed, Windoze has three file browsers,
two explorer types which are useless and a useless search thing with a little
puppy on it.

For people with 200 gig harddrives, they are all useless.

So I offered the idea, for MSoft or Linux or whoever, to try a different concept,
one where visual clues are used to store your data.

That is to store your files in rooms, instead of a My Documents folder or all over
the place in folders called New Folder.

So, you make a graphic picture of a room, and that room is an office, and
that is where your business type files are kept. Same for the music room, the study,
and expanding that into commercial buildings with shipping and recieving and
all that.

Then to show them the benefit, I created a multifaceted web/file browser which
had a tiny screen, one you could even use for a hand held 3in x 2in or so,
and showed how with Office and your Web Browser and some simple
client server technology, you could create a new class of hand held computer,
a browser book. (Great for comparison shopping in real time in the aisles)

I then took that idea one step further to show how you could use simple voice
recognition software to hook that up to the net, and it would become like
the computer on the Star Ship Enterprise, and with 3 or 4 simple buttons,
you could navigate the net, and do most tasks.

Taking that firther, I showed how secure messaging such as email using 128
bit encryption was not secure, due to Eshelon et al, and industrial espionage,
and sugested that graphic image messaging, embossing text on photos,
was more secure as the text filters would not be able to read 100 million
graphic emails per hour which will soon be travelling the net.

It was about at that time, that a wet spot appeared in the back of
Rumsfeld's pants.

So Msoft put out some 24 updates to take out My Little Browser,
and I kept updating against their updates, but then I had some mercy on them,
and gave them a break.

You may notice now, that if you do a clean install of XP, and go for your updates,
there are some 65 or so updates you will need to download.

Sorray bout that old chaps.

At any rate can't stop progress now can we eh wot?

They ar enow engaged in a counter attack, attacking our peer to peer
network, trying to pass a bill that will make it a 10 year prison term
in the Wackenhut Labor camps, to use the peer to peer network,
and for that, we are praying to get Yellowstone National Volcano
to explode and destroy America completely.

We would simply attack and destroy the net completely, but then
that is just what they would want.

So no, we are just going to ignore them, and watch them as they
get more and more frustrated and angry, and wrinkled,
and start to twitch and all that.

And as they attack the net, we will outsmart them, as we have always done
until they recognize that resistance is futile.

Rick Sobie

Behold! The future is right around the corner.

http://www.archos.com/

"Rick Sobie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:Uy7bc.10058$Ig.9513@pd7tw2no...

> [...]

> and for that, we are praying to get Yellowstone National Volcano
> to explode and destroy America completely.
>
> We would simply attack and destroy the net completely, but then
> that is just what they would want.
>
> So no, we are just going to ignore them, and watch them as they
> get more and more frustrated and angry, and wrinkled,
> and start to twitch and all that.
>
> And as they attack the net, we will outsmart them, as we have always done
> until they recognize that resistance is futile.

Rick Sobie

> > They are now engaged in a counter attack, attacking our peer to peer
> > network, trying to pass a bill that will make it a 10 year prison term
> > in the Wackenhut Labor camps, to use the peer to peer network,
> > and for that, we are praying to get Yellowstone National Volcano
> > to explode and destroy America completely.

I should point out that our peer to peer network, is no different than
a public library, made by and for the people, and those like Orin who are
seeking to place children in these slave labor camps, called prisons
in America for using our library, are no different than those who burnt the Library
of Alexandria, are not missed now that they are gone either.

Examine what a super volcano can do to a country
http://proliberty.com/observer/20031219.htm

Examine that super volcanos emit CO2 and kill animals without notice.
http://www.nps.gov/yell/press/0434.htm

Examine that terrorists have access to earthquake technology.
http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/020804.htm

Examine that Orin wants to imprison children for using the peer to peer network
public library.
http://www.rense.com/general50/hsharing.htm

What they mean by protecting copyrights is what they have always meant.

To persecute the poor, and maintain a stalinist regime, ever moving towards
globalization read totalitarianism.

If you don't like the Internet as it is ladies and gentlemen of congress, stay off of it.

You don't see us trying to ruin your stupid TV shows do you?

Why do you want to wage war with the world, when you will only end up dead?

Could you possibly be that stupid?