Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: The Sigma-Foveon pixel rationale

Re: The Sigma-Foveon pixel rationale

Dave Martindale

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) writes:

>This is actually more subtle than it looks at first glance, and ASCII
>art is completely inadequate to show the difference between several
>different patterns that all look roughly like the "octagonal" pattern
>above. So I'll attempt to describe the difference in words. (I also
>have images that show the patterns; perhaps I should set up a web page
>with them somewhere).

Well, I did it. If you'd like to see images of the various patterns,
go to <http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~davem/photo/grid.html>.

Dave

John Navas

In <c4gi0k$e4t$(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:57:08 +0000 (UTC),
(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) (Dave Martindale) writes:
>
>>This is actually more subtle than it looks at first glance, and ASCII
>>art is completely inadequate to show the difference between several
>>different patterns that all look roughly like the "octagonal" pattern
>>above. So I'll attempt to describe the difference in words. (I also
>>have images that show the patterns; perhaps I should set up a web page
>>with them somewhere).

>Well, I did it. If you'd like to see images of the various patterns,
>go to <http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~davem/photo/grid.html>.

My own patterns as an animated GIF are at
<http://navasgrp.home.att.net/images/sensor_types.gif>.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Dave Martindale

John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>My own patterns as an animated GIF are at
><http://navasgrp.home.att.net/images/sensor_types.gif>.

Those all look correct to my eye, assuming that the active area of the
photosite is octagonal.

Dave