Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Fuji S7000

Re: Fuji S7000

CyTaN

Hi all.
I have had my S700 for about 2 months now, I upgraded from a kodak DC 260
and the picture quality is tops.
The only down side that find is that I just dont want to put the camera
down.
I am using the fuji 256 meg XD memory card and using the view finder and not
the screen to take the photos and getting 60 or so shots using the flash to
a set of batteries.
I also use the raw file format and each shot is about 16 meg in size before
converting it with photoshop cs and the resulting pdf size is about 34 meg,
but the workability of the raw format is fantstic.
I would highly recommend the camera to anyone.

news:knHac.29071$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> I am thinking of upgrading my camera to the Fuji S7000, can anyone give me
> comments on what are the cameras best and worst points.
> If you are a S7000 owner knowing what you now know about the camera would
> you still buy it.
> The official specification says the memory is either XD cards or

microdrive,
> but several sites I have looked at say that some compactflash cards will
> work, is this correct is anyone using compact flash cards. My current

camera
> takes CF so if they work this will save me having to replace them
>
> Many thanks
>
> Nick

mickydeeNYC

I have two 256mb CF cards by Sandisk - both work just fine in my S700.
I love this camera. I still want for flexibility with filters,
lenses, etc... but I think that will have to wait until the digi SLRs
get this good at this price.

"CyTaN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<406bb09e$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi all.
> I have had my S700 for about 2 months now, I upgraded from a kodak DC 260
> and the picture quality is tops.
> The only down side that find is that I just dont want to put the camera
> down.
> I am using the fuji 256 meg XD memory card and using the view finder and not
> the screen to take the photos and getting 60 or so shots using the flash to
> a set of batteries.
> I also use the raw file format and each shot is about 16 meg in size before
> converting it with photoshop cs and the resulting pdf size is about 34 meg,
> but the workability of the raw format is fantstic.
> I would highly recommend the camera to anyone.
>
> "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:knHac.29071$Y%(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> > I am thinking of upgrading my camera to the Fuji S7000, can anyone give me
> > comments on what are the cameras best and worst points.
> > If you are a S7000 owner knowing what you now know about the camera would
> > you still buy it.
> > The official specification says the memory is either XD cards or

> microdrive,
> > but several sites I have looked at say that some compactflash cards will
> > work, is this correct is anyone using compact flash cards. My current

> camera
> > takes CF so if they work this will save me having to replace them
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Nick

Bill

You can get filters for it. You just need the apapter ring.

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...