Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > P.T. Barnum selling on eBay...

P.T. Barnum selling on eBay...

Mark Roberts

No comment:

Mark Roberts
Photography and writing
www.robertstech.com

Charlie Self

Mark Roberts writes:

>No comment:
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3800946535

Yeah, well. Seems to me P.T. Barnum promised more than he delivered. This guy
was up front about selling nothing but the box and manuals. I do wonder if the
clown who bid $203.50 is going to care much about the exact postage charge.

Charlie Self
"Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html

Gambler

"Mark Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:s472c.29421$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No comment:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3800946535
>
> --
> Mark Roberts
> Photography and writing
> www.robertstech.com

Was it Barnum or Bush who said that 'There's a Sucker born very minute'?

Seriously, why on earth isn't that scabby assed ebay scam-meisters paradise
closed down?

I've lost count of the number of sellers that I've heard gloating about how
easy it is to make money on ebay, and how gullible the buyers can be.

Free market, and all that - but sometimes people need protecting from
themselves.

Mark Roberts

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)otforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

>Mark Roberts writes:
>
>>No comment:
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3800946535

>Yeah, well. Seems to me P.T. Barnum promised more than he delivered.

Perhaps. But he only charged 25 cents for it!
(He denied ever saying "There's a sucker born every minute" and said "I
never took anyone's life savings, I took their twenty-five cents".)

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Rick

"Mark Roberts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:s472c.29421$(E-Mail Removed)...
> No comment:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3800946535

To the seller's credit, they have 3400+ feedbacks with 100%
positive rating (NOT an easy thing to do on eBay, because
of airhead/newbie bidders), and they did add a specific
disclaimer to the ad.

It appears a few people out there are willing to pay $200 for
a Rebel box and printed manual.

Rick

Howard

AMAZING.......

perhaps the high bidder, after seeing what is delivered, will make a
"pinhole" camera out of the box!
read my signature line...........kinda sums it up!

(E-Mail Removed)
In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Mark Roberts

>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3800946535

Just noticed that the seller has 3452 feedbacks and a 100% positive
rating!
From the looks of his other auctions he probably *is* just trying to
sell a box and manuals and he'll be pretty surprised when he sees the
bidding!

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing

Howard

he is aware of the bidding, hence the disclaimer of ONLY a box and stuff

NOTHING is safe to throw away any more......Thank you EBAY!

--
(E-Mail Removed)
In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Gambler

"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> he is aware of the bidding, hence the disclaimer of ONLY a box and stuff
>
> NOTHING is safe to throw away any more......Thank you EBAY!
>

> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
> In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
> THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Well, presumably, when the bidder realises that the box is empty (hopefully
before he parts with his cash) he can just tell the vendor to get stuffed?

Charlie Self

Gambler states:

>"Howard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> he is aware of the bidding, hence the disclaimer of ONLY a box and stuff
>>
>> NOTHING is safe to throw away any more......Thank you EBAY!
>>

>> --
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>> In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
>> THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!
>>

>Well, presumably, when the bidder realises that the box is empty (hopefully
>before he parts with his cash) he can just tell the vendor to get stuffed?

Why? He is paying for exactly what is described.