Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > TopScan Scanmarker Pen Scanner

TopScan Scanmarker Pen Scanner

Chris Doran

Does anyone have any experience with the Scanmarker currently being
sold on eBay? See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2790716906
and similar auctions every few hours. I can't find any computer
requirements, e.g.:-

1) How powerful a computer do you need for reasonable response?
2) How much disk space for the software?
3) Does it disable the keyboard or mouse (as it uses the PS/2 socket)?
4) Is this an old model being cleared? The only other dealer I've
found with Topscan's pens says they're USB.

I realise that there are other pens that store the text internally,
but it seems useful to be able to scan straight into text you're
typing (assuming you can), and the price looks unbeatable.

Chris

Daniel Kamman

Chris Doran asked about the Scanmarker currently being sold on eBay? See
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=2790716906
-------------
This may help. The manufacturer's website is http://www.topscan.co.il/. It
includes this contact information: "For general inquiries and information:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)"

Daniel Kamman

hItecH hItecH is offline
Junior Member

you can buy the Topscan Text scanner directly from this website:
text-scanner.com

TopScan Handheld Text Scanner is the ideal text scanner, simply slide the TopScan Handheld scanner over the printed text, and automatically it will transfer the scanned text directly to the computer.

Topscan Text scanner has the most accurate result in the market; it is the fastest scanner available (scans 1000 words per minute)

TopScan Advantages

Sophisticated Technology at an Affordable Cost
Paste all your highlighted sentences into windows applications within seconds.
Scan easily across a line of text without any extra buttons
Scans formulas, hand-writing or foreign texts in their original style and appearance

all of the information is also on the web site, text-scanner.com

Gigi Gigi is offline
Junior Member

I bought the parallel version Topscan text reader 5 years ago. It helped me during my college years.

I recently bought the new USB version @ text-scanner.com, which is much more simple to plug in and use. And it works like a charm on both my vista desktop and win 7 laptop. Oh, and it has some unique features that were not available on the parallel version, such as treasury & translation to various languages.

WBWeeksJr WBWeeksJr is offline
Junior Member

The official Website for TopScan is TheTopScan.com and if you go to the Facebook page TheTopScan Time Management Strategies you can get a $10.00 off promo code to use on the Website. The price is then $69.95.

basez99 basez99 is offline
Junior Member

Their official website in on Scanmarker.com

The company is shipping to costumers all over the world, but mainly in the US. The product really does what it says on the tin and is even undergoing a lot of improvement so stay tuned.

(Full disclosure: I've been working for Scanmarker marketing team - but I'm willing to put my own name here because I know it works.)