Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > ISO EXIF information in canon A80

ISO EXIF information in canon A80

Venkat Venkataraju

I recently noticed that all the images taken ithru my canon A80 does not
have ISO EXIF information stored in the photos.

If you have A80, does it do the same to? Or is it same with PowerShot
line of cameras as i saw the same kind of drawback on a photo taken with
s400?

Or there is a setting in my camera that i can change to get ISO data? i
really need ISO info as i'm learning taking photos.

Thanks
/V

Zol.

What are you using t view the exif info? Using the shots from the BeBit site (
http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/psa80..._sample-e.html ) the info is there to view within
Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) - I don`t know if you can select it or not though

"Venkat Venkataraju" <segfault\"@\"nospam.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Yj_1c.8718$(E-Mail Removed) .com...
> I recently noticed that all the images taken ithru my canon A80 does not
> have ISO EXIF information stored in the photos.
>
> If you have A80, does it do the same to? Or is it same with PowerShot
> line of cameras as i saw the same kind of drawback on a photo taken with
> s400?
>
> Or there is a setting in my camera that i can change to get ISO data? i
> really need ISO info as i'm learning taking photos.
>
> Thanks
> /V

Venkat Venkataraju

Zol. wrote:
> What are you using t view the exif info? Using the shots from the BeBit site (
> http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/psa80..._sample-e.html ) the info is there to view within
> Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) - I don`t know if you can select it or not though

I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
in fuji and sony cameras.

What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
for the images.

Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.

Thanks
/V

zbzbzb

>I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
>for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
>in fuji and sony cameras.
>
>What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
>thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
>for the images.
>
>Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.
>
>Thanks
>/V

I also do not get ISO info with Paint Shop Pro 8. Sony camera displays it just
fine.

Dave Martindale

"nospam.sbcglobal.net" writes:

>I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
>for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
>in fuji and sony cameras.

The Canon A80 ISO data is contained in the Maker Note, which the
software you are using might not display. But IrfanView works, and the
data is there.

The Fuji and Sony cameras may place the information somewhere else in
the EXIF data; I don't have them to compare to.

Dave

Dave

On 05 Mar 2004 15:55:53 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)bzbzb (zbzbzb) wrote:

>>I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
>>for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
>>in fuji and sony cameras.
>>
>>What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
>>thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
>>for the images.
>>
>>Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.
>>
>>Thanks
>>/V

>I also do not get ISO info with Paint Shop Pro 8. Sony camera displays it just
>fine.

Strange. Paint Shop Pro 8 does display my A80 ISO info just fine.
It's about the 20th item from the bottom of the info list (shift + I).

Dave

Change .com to .ca to email me.

aperi aperi is offline
Junior Member

I was all crazy about this problem too, but I just found this!!!

http://aeropic.free.fr/H&B/AUTO_ISO_patcher/

It combines 2 programs to achieve two things:

1) It writes the ISO speed back where it belongs so that any program can read it

2) IT CALCULATES THE REAL ISO FOR "AUTOISO" PHOTOS!!!!

Hope you find it useful

PS. Just in case the link doesn't work, first you must download EXIFTOOL from http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/, then either use AUTOISO TOOL (place exiftool in the same folder) or EXIFAUTO (place exiftool in c:\windows).