Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon 5700 software help

Nikon 5700 software help

Andy Aldridge

Last month before I bought my Nikon 5700 I found on a web site a program
that enables you to take the picture from your laptop via a cable connected
to the 5700.

Its great for nature shots, the bad news is not only did I delete it but I
can no longer find the web page to redownload it!!

Does any one know where I can get it from again? I cant even remember the
name of it.

Thanks in advance

--
Andy Aldridge

http://www.btinternet.com/~andrew.aldridge1/
All Mail Checked with Nortons Anti Virus 2003

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned by
Norton's Anti Virus 2003 for the presence of computer viruses.

Ed Ruf

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:08:57 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Andy
Aldridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Last month before I bought my Nikon 5700 I found on a web site a program
>that enables you to take the picture from your laptop via a cable connected
>to the 5700.
>
>Its great for nature shots, the bad news is not only did I delete it but I
>can no longer find the web page to redownload it!!
>
>Does any one know where I can get it from again? I cant even remember the
>name of it.
>
>Thanks in advance

cPix?
http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Andy Aldridge

It was not this one, it was designed for the 5700 mainly.
But thank you for replying.

"Ed Ruf" <EG*nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:08:57 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Andy
> Aldridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Last month before I bought my Nikon 5700 I found on a web site a program
> >that enables you to take the picture from your laptop via a cable

connected
> >to the 5700.
> >
> >Its great for nature shots, the bad news is not only did I delete it but

> >can no longer find the web page to redownload it!!
> >
> >Does any one know where I can get it from again? I cant even remember the
> >name of it.
> >
> >Thanks in advance

> cPix?
> http://www.charliex.net/cpix/cpix.htm
> __________________________________________________ ______
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> http://members.cox.net/egruf
> See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
> http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Ed Ruf

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:09:23 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Andy

Check the links at http://vyskocil.free.fr/coolcom/
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Andy Aldridge

Nice one thx! Just what the doctor ordered.

"Ed Ruf" <nospam*(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:09:23 +0000 (UTC), in rec.photo.digital "Andy
> Aldridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >It was not this one, it was designed for the 5700 mainly.
> >But thank you for replying.

> Check the links at http://vyskocil.free.fr/coolcom/
> __________________________________________________ ______
> Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ((E-Mail Removed))
> http://members.cox.net/egruf
> See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
> http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam

Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

"Andy Aldridge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c279st$k1r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nice one thx! Just what the doctor ordered.

So which one of those was the program, Andy ? I wouldn't mind getting
something similar for my CP5700. I've tried a few of those mentioned but
they don't work. Though I am hoping that one of them will have usb
support as I don't have a serial cable for my camera - though this is
going to be my problem I reckon ...

Rachael