Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Can you recreate these?

Can you recreate these?

Christopher Carlson

Hello,
I have posted three pictures on my website that I am hoping someone can help
me with. I am hoping after seeing the pictures you can tell me how to
recreate the same effects. My website address is
http://www.christophercarlsononline.com/Nude.html
Thanks in advance.
Christopher

John Navas

http://www.autofx.com/dreamsuite/eff...quidmetal.html

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Alan F Cross

In message <T6Q0c.107838$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Christopher Carlson <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>Hello,
>I have posted three pictures on my website that I am hoping someone can help
>me with. I am hoping after seeing the pictures you can tell me how to
>recreate the same effects. My website address is
>http://www.christophercarlsononline.com/Nude.html
>Thanks in advance.
>Christopher

I'd start by going into curves and just 'pulling them about a bit'.
Change the straight line to an inverted U or V and you get an effect a
bit like solarisation. OK, there a solarise button
(Filter/Stylise/Solarise), but you can get more interesting effects with
curves. Once you've got an interesting effect, try adjusting the colour
channels individually. You can add posterisation afterwards, to see what
happens.

You can get some pretty wacky effects - don't lose your way on the road
to creativity by getting side-tracked into crazy effects for the sake of
it.
--
Alan F Cross