Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nice Free Photo Editor

Nice Free Photo Editor

Bob Adkins

Hi,

In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!

It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.

It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!

Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.

http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
months!

Bob

Remove "kins" from address to reply.

MisNomer

Thanks Bob! Nice and fast! buttons for greyscale, sepia and old photos...
(thats all i've played with so far.) I like this.

take care
Liz

Hey! Look what Bob Adkins <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote :

>Hi,
>
>In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
>compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
>recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!
>
>It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
>features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
>
>It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
>spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
>
>Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
>
>http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
>
>I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
>months!
>
>Bob
>
>Remove "kins" from address to reply.

Paul H.

"Bob Adkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hi,
>
> In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
> compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
> recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known...

YET!

> It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
> features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
>
> It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
> spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
>
> Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
>
> I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
> months!

Photofiltre is an excellent program and its built-in anti-aliasing filter is
wonderful for cleaning up scanned magazine images.

RHinNC

I agree. I just downloaded and ran this program, very nice features for a
free program.

"Paul H." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Bob Adkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
> > compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
> > recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known...

> YET!
> >
> > It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
> > features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
> >
> > It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
> > spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find

indeed!

> > Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
> >
> > http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
> >
> > I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in

2
> > months!

> Photofiltre is an excellent program and its built-in anti-aliasing filter

is
> wonderful for cleaning up scanned magazine images.

Stan

Thank you for this URL. I've already downloaded it and tried it a bit.
Looks like a really compact and easy to use editor.

Bob Adkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
> compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
> recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!
>
> It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
> features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
>
> It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
> spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
>
> Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
>
> I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
> months!
>
> Bob
>
> Remove "kins" from address to reply.

Michael Burns

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 11:05:46 -0600, Bob Adkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
> compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
> recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known... YET!
>
> It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
> features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
>
> It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
> spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
>
> Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
>
> I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
> months!
>
> Bob
>
> Remove "kins" from address to reply.

Actually its not that bad. I'd say for people who don't want to put in the
effort to learn Gimp this may prove to be a nice alternative. Thanks for
the link.

Mike

Bob Adkins

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:38:14 GMT, Michael Burns <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Actually its not that bad. I'd say for people who don't want to put in the
>effort to learn Gimp this may prove to be a nice alternative. Thanks for
>the link.

Sometimes I think it's just the Gimp's multiple windows that put people off.
Too bad, because it's really a good photo editor.

Anyway, PhotoFiltre is competent enough for experts to use for quick chores,
yet doesn't have a steep learning curve. Novices seem to get comfortable
with it right away and get satisfying results in no time at all. It's the
best Freeware program I've run across in a long time. Glad everyone seems to
like it. I had a feeling they would!

Bob

Remove "kins" from address to reply.

al-Farrob

Bob Adkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In case some of you may not have run across it, there's a very nice,
> compact, user-friendly photo editor out called PhotoFiltre. It was only
> recently translated from French, and that's why it isn't well known...
> YET!
>
> It's absolutely perfect for most digital camera users, and has enough
> features for all but professionals and perhaps a few serious amateurs.
>
> It's a very small program (3Mb download) that's absolutely free, has no
> spyware, and no registration of any kind is required. A rare find indeed!
>
> Here's a "link to a link". Scroll down to "Graphics Editors" and get it.
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/bobad/best.htm
>
> I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do. I haven't opened PhotoShop in 2
> months!
>
> Bob
>
> Remove "kins" from address to reply.

Hmmmm... from your opinion and the replies maybe that's waht I needed, not
for me, a Linux Gimp user, but to pass to a reluctant person

Thanks
--
al-Farrob
--

Fred A. Miller

al-Farrob wrote:

[snip]

>> Remove "kins" from address to reply.

> Hmmmm... from your opinion and the replies maybe that's waht I needed,
> not for me, a Linux Gimp user, but to pass to a reluctant person

Yes - Gimp IS slick! Now, if only I could get all apps. to use all the
printer paper stock sizes like Gimp does, I'd be all set!

Fred

--
"...Linux, MS-DOS, and Windows XP (also known as the Good, the Bad, and
the Ugly)."

me

nice