Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > NNTPClient Question

NNTPClient Question

Gurdeep Saini

Hi, I have used perl's News::NNTPClient in order to retrieve posts from a
news group for last 2 years. Now, I host my website on a server where there
is no news server installed. The same program that needs the news server,
doesn't work.

I want to know If it is possible to access a remote news server and stream
the posts from a news group on that server to my machine.

I really need help with this problem. I will be so gratefull to one with
helpfull solution.
Thank You

--
Gurdeep Saini

--
Gurdeep Saini

Anthony Papillion II

Gurdeep Saini <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsQSkd.30730$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi, I have used perl's News::NNTPClient in order to retrieve posts from a
> news group for last 2 years. Now, I host my website on a server where

there
> is no news server installed. The same program that needs the news server,
> doesn't work.
>
> I want to know If it is possible to access a remote news server and stream
> the posts from a news group on that server to my machine.

Hi Gurdeep,

If I understand your problem correctly - and I may not since I still
consider myself a Perl novice - you shouldn't need to stream posts to your
script. Check out the modules auth_info() function. This allows you to login
to a remote news server from your script.

Hope this Helps,
Anthony Papillion