Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Advice needed....

Advice needed....

RHinNC

I need to upgrade to a new digital camera. I currently have a Sony FD-71
with a 10x Optical Zoom which has served me very well. I also have a Canon
EOS 620 with a , 50MM, 35-70MM, 70-210MM and 420EZ Flash. Everything works
fine, but I have an itch for a new camera that will more or less take the
place of my aging equipment.

I have been lurking on this newsgroup and looking at various digital camera
sites. I like the size and feel of my EOS 620. I have considered the 300D
Canon, but was sort of discouraged by the fact that I can not use my 420EZ
flash with it. I am presuming my lenses work with it, so that is a plus.

Then I read about the Fuji S5000 and S7000 cameras. I like the 10x and 6x
optical zooms. I also read about a Kodak DX6490. If I were Bill Gates I
would just get them all and see which one I like.

It's quite confusing. I like going to Airshows and need/want a camera that
would be compatible with that kind of photography.

Any insights would be appreciated as to what other camera I might consider.

Thanks

Bald Eagle

Get the rebel you wont be disappointed. I have a sigma super DG 500 flash
that runs circles around that 420. It can be had for $179.00 Would be a
shame with all those lenses to chose another camera because of a flash.
Check out the rebel forum over at dpreview.com

"RHinNC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:GLy0c.43922$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> I need to upgrade to a new digital camera. I currently have a Sony FD-71
> with a 10x Optical Zoom which has served me very well. I also have a Canon
> EOS 620 with a , 50MM, 35-70MM, 70-210MM and 420EZ Flash. Everything works
> fine, but I have an itch for a new camera that will more or less take the
> place of my aging equipment.
>
> I have been lurking on this newsgroup and looking at various digital

camera
> sites. I like the size and feel of my EOS 620. I have considered the 300D
> Canon, but was sort of discouraged by the fact that I can not use my 420EZ
> flash with it. I am presuming my lenses work with it, so that is a plus.
>
> Then I read about the Fuji S5000 and S7000 cameras. I like the 10x and 6x
> optical zooms. I also read about a Kodak DX6490. If I were Bill Gates I
> would just get them all and see which one I like.
>
> It's quite confusing. I like going to Airshows and need/want a camera that
> would be compatible with that kind of photography.
>
> Any insights would be appreciated as to what other camera I might

consider.

> Thanks

RHinNC

Thanks for the comments.

"Bald Eagle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%4A0c.21509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Get the rebel you wont be disappointed. I have a sigma super DG 500 flash
> that runs circles around that 420. It can be had for $179.00 Would be a
> shame with all those lenses to chose another camera because of a flash.
> Check out the rebel forum over at dpreview.com
>

> "RHinNC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:GLy0c.43922$(E-Mail Removed). com...
> > I need to upgrade to a new digital camera. I currently have a Sony FD-71
> > with a 10x Optical Zoom which has served me very well. I also have a

Canon
> > EOS 620 with a , 50MM, 35-70MM, 70-210MM and 420EZ Flash. Everything

works
> > fine, but I have an itch for a new camera that will more or less take

the
> > place of my aging equipment.
> >
> > I have been lurking on this newsgroup and looking at various digital

> camera
> > sites. I like the size and feel of my EOS 620. I have considered the

300D
> > Canon, but was sort of discouraged by the fact that I can not use my

420EZ
> > flash with it. I am presuming my lenses work with it, so that is a plus.
> >
> > Then I read about the Fuji S5000 and S7000 cameras. I like the 10x and

6x
> > optical zooms. I also read about a Kodak DX6490. If I were Bill Gates I
> > would just get them all and see which one I like.
> >
> > It's quite confusing. I like going to Airshows and need/want a camera

that
> > would be compatible with that kind of photography.
> >
> > Any insights would be appreciated as to what other camera I might

> consider.
> >
> > Thanks

Bald Eagle

I'm saving my money for a Canon 100-400mm L lens for my 300D, will be awhile
tho. The 300D is awesome, you'll love it.

news:kxG0c.43932$(E-Mail Removed). com...