Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon Users - White balance

Nikon Users - White balance

D.Yacovone

What white balance setting is preferred on the Nikon D1 camera?. So far I'm
pretty happy with "shade -1" when shooting JPEGS.

Jim Waggener

"D.Yacovone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QSr0c.5537$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What white balance setting is preferred on the Nikon D1 camera?. So far

I'm
> pretty happy with "shade -1" when shooting JPEGS.

Cloudy -3 seems to be popular.

PeteZ

D,

I'm a D1X user and I find it depends on the lighting conditions really.

Shade or Cloudy add temperature (reds come out a little stronger etc) which
can be ok sometimes, other times it doesnt look quite right.

Either way, I always shoot RAW and make any adjustment laster in post
processng if I made a boo-boo

regards,

- peteZ