Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Don't throw out that chair!

Don't throw out that chair!

mark_digital

Ever get that sinking feeling? You probably didn't notice until your chin
was nearly level to your computer desk or your wrist felt as if it was being
carved while you moved the mouse. It happened to me recently. My pnuematic
chair was gradually losing it's air. If I pulled the handle located under
the seat as I stood up it would reset but then start to lose it again. Then
one day I got totally fed up with it and nearly tossed it out. But I
suddenly had an idea. I removed the casters and bottom assembly and measured
the exposed piston while it was fully extended. I cut a piece of 1 1/2" dia.
pvc pipe to that length and slipped it over the piston, and then slid the
two plastic piston covers over that. I reattached the casters and bottom
assembly. The chair now stays up, but of course it remains there. I always
had it set for full height anyway.

Alan D-W

"mark_digital" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever get that sinking feeling? You probably didn't notice until your chin
> was nearly level to your computer desk or your wrist felt as if it was

being
> carved while you moved the mouse. It happened to me recently. My pnuematic
> chair was gradually losing it's air. If I pulled the handle located under

Maybe you had the sharpening set too high - it pierced the gas cylinder.

Lee Lindquist

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:35:19 -0500, "mark_digital"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>assembly. The chair now stays up, but of course it remains there. I always

This would be 'priapism'

This is a true story -- I swear. A few years ago I had a canon S-100.
It was on the car seat when I got out of the car, and somehow it
snagged on my clothes an tumbled out onto the pavement. It
still worked. For a day or two. Then, the lens fully extended,
and stayed that way. I wanted to accurately describe the
condition to the canon service folks...

They fixed it for free, under warranty.

--
- Lee