Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > New CCD concept

New CCD concept

Andy Blanchard

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:36:57 -0400, "Nibbler"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I don't get what he's looking for, An
>Angel Investor / Venture Capitalist, whom bases in investment strategies on
>information Glean on Usenet @ rec.photo.digital? (or anywhere on Usenet for
>that matter?); Rather than a published or other more substantial forum?
>Sure, Can I invest through paypal now, right? You need to do a *lot* better.
>No goals, no plan, no itinerary, a theory with no manufacturing process...
>And here? Really? Surely you jest.

Actually, I think he's just looking for attention like Usenet trolls
do, although to give him his due, he appears smarter than the average
snake oil salesman, or at least does his homework fairly thoroughly.
One slip that stood out and made me do a little digging though was the
notion that a Bayer sensor uses four seperate cells to generate one
pixel - does that sound suspiciously close to the reasonings of a
certain (recently absent) Mr. Preddy? On the otherhand, he does use a
lot of terminology correctly across a wide broad range of science
related subjects.

However, a very cursory bit of research into "Charles Douglas Wehner"
(can't be too many of those around) via Google reveals a rather
troubled individual... There are a couple of external links that are
particularly enlightening as to the nature of CDW:

http://www.conspiracy-net.com/archiv...wfile=CNCb0013
http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/soc.../msg01302.html

But the real gems are on his own site at http://wehner.org which
includes such gems as an anti-gravity theory that a cosmologist friend
of mine thought was hilarious, details of a court case for bad debts
and, of course, more crackpot theories. All of this is interspersed
with claims about persecution by the UK Government, Freemason based
conspiracy theories and that wonderful sense of modesty about his
capabilities. All that was missing was the secrets of cold fusion and
faster than light travel, but maybe I didn't see the links amidst that
LSD inspired background.

Besides, we all know the Illuminati run everything and the Freemasons
are a decoy, right?

All Hail Eris!

Andy

Roland Karlsson

Andy Blanchard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> But the real gems are on his own site at http://wehner.org which
> includes such gems as an anti-gravity theory

Oh - oh - oh - this man is brilliant. I really love his
anti gravity theory. This is the first such nut theory
that I ever have seen that make sense.

The theory goes like this. If you stand on the moon the
most stable part of the universe is the (moon) ground you
are standing at. Yet you can see a great blue ball
floating up there in the sky. This ball stands nearly perfectly
still. How can it be up there without falling down on
the (moon) ground? What is holding it up? There is one
peculiarity with this blue ball: it is spinning. So -
the spinning of the blue ball must generate anti gravity.

The rest of us that live in this world know of course
what kind of mistake CDW has made: the moon does not stand
still - the apperent immobile blue ball (earth) and the moon
is revolving around each other and the moon is rotating in order
to always turn the same side towards earth.

But - it sure is a nice theory.

/Roland

Andy Blanchard

On 4 Mar 2004 19:35:49 GMT, Roland Karlsson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Andy Blanchard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> But the real gems are on his own site at http://wehner.org which
>> includes such gems as an anti-gravity theory

>Oh - oh - oh - this man is brilliant. I really love his
>anti gravity theory. This is the first such nut theory
>that I ever have seen that make sense.

I must admit, I'm somewhat impressed too. Most such "theories" you
see through right away, but these you actually have to think about a
little (not the conspiracy ones though). The guy could probably make
some serious money selling these things to science teachers to use as
tests for their students; "here's a theory about blah - now, what's
wrong with it?"

I get the impression that CDW is a smart guy that's been dealt a
pretty bad hand in life. There are a *lot* of posts he's made on
forums about Addison's Disease I found with Google, plus the page on
his site of course - enough to make me suspect that this bit might be
genuine and the rest of the more "exotic" stuff is a result of
medication. Then again, maybe not, attention seekers have been known
to fake terminal diseases before to gain sympathy.

Andy

Mark Herring

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 00:07:48 +0000, Andy Blanchard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 4 Mar 2004 19:35:49 GMT, Roland Karlsson
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Andy Blanchard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> But the real gems are on his own site at http://wehner.org which
>>> includes such gems as an anti-gravity theory

>>Oh - oh - oh - this man is brilliant. I really love his
>>anti gravity theory. This is the first such nut theory
>>that I ever have seen that make sense.

>I must admit, I'm somewhat impressed too. Most such "theories" you
>see through right away, but these you actually have to think about a
>little (not the conspiracy ones though). The guy could probably make
>some serious money selling these things to science teachers to use as
>tests for their students; "here's a theory about blah - now, what's
>wrong with it?"
>
>I get the impression that CDW is a smart guy that's been dealt a
>pretty bad hand in life. There are a *lot* of posts he's made on
>forums about Addison's Disease I found with Google, plus the page on
>his site of course - enough to make me suspect that this bit might be
>genuine and the rest of the more "exotic" stuff is a result of
>medication. Then again, maybe not, attention seekers have been known
>to fake terminal diseases before to gain sympathy.
>
>Andy

Smart??--maybe. I think a good psychologist could tell you a lot
about this guy just from his website---it is truly one of the most
garish I have ever seen.

I've asked CDW 3 times for a concise summary of what is the
"photoelectric CCD". He's failed that simple test.
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Rudy Garcia

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Andy Blanchard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 4 Mar 2004 19:35:49 GMT, Roland Karlsson
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Andy Blanchard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :
> >
> >> But the real gems are on his own site at http://wehner.org which
> >> includes such gems as an anti-gravity theory

> >Oh - oh - oh - this man is brilliant. I really love his
> >anti gravity theory. This is the first such nut theory
> >that I ever have seen that make sense.

> I must admit, I'm somewhat impressed too. Most such "theories" you
> see through right away, but these you actually have to think about a
> little (not the conspiracy ones though). The guy could probably make
> some serious money selling these things to science teachers to use as
> tests for their students; "here's a theory about blah - now, what's
> wrong with it?"
>
> I get the impression that CDW is a smart guy that's been dealt a
> pretty bad hand in life. There are a *lot* of posts he's made on
> forums about Addison's Disease I found with Google, plus the page on
> his site of course - enough to make me suspect that this bit might be
> genuine and the rest of the more "exotic" stuff is a result of
> medication. Then again, maybe not, attention seekers have been known
> to fake terminal diseases before to gain sympathy.
>
> Andy

I also read his page on complex numbers (Euler and Eucalculus). It was
amusing.

He obviously has not heard of Riemann surfaces (his "spiral" really
amounts to looking at a curve on a Riemann surace). These things where
already fairly well understood by 1860. Aguing about the existence of
complex numbers is pointless.

If you accept 2x2 matrices of real numbers, then you must accept complex
numbers.

The matrix:

a -b
b a

where a and b are real, behaves just like the complex number a + ib with
respect to matrix addition and matrix multiplication:

If you multiply the matrices

a -b
b a

by

c -d
d a

you get

ac-bd (-ad+bc)
ad+bc ac-bd

which represents (a+ib)(c+id) = (ac-bd) + i(ad+bc).

--
Rudy Garcia

Ray Fischer

Charles Douglas Wehner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Roland Karlsson <(E-Mail Removed)>

>> > I have been in electronics for over 40 years. Nothing I ever conceived
>> > failed to work.

>> So ... why do you not have a working prototype of the sensor?
>> It would be very convincing.
>>

>The MALICE of this and previous posts speaks volumes for the state of
>your mind.
>
>I am not the slave of graffitti-children like yourself.
>
>When you are older, you will learn the truth of the maxim "There is no
>such things as a free lunch". So you do not get to live as a
>couch-potato, demanding that people serve YOU. What arrogance, to
>suppose that they will obey you!
>
>Everything was fully explained for those competent to understand.

Crackpot.

--
Ray Fischer