Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Spammer Squashed

Re: Spammer Squashed

Pierre Jarvois

Steve Young is spoofing different identitities to carry conversations
with himself.

Check the headers.

He is playing all of us for fools.

In this conversation, he uses 3 different identities:
Steve Young, Plug Nickel, dubl clutch

He claims he is a member of this community, but this community
discusses photography. When was the last time Steve young has
discussed that here?

See Steven R Young posting history:

http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

Steve Young

"Pierre Jarvois" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Steve Young is spoofing different identitities to carry conversations
> with himself.

I don't believe I've talked to myself, though I could be wrong
(maybe a time or two). It would be termed killfile avoidance,
an old trick, I learned from Blackie Cat, when he and I did time in
Big BoB's pokey. A time honored Usenet tradition and a fan thriller
for sure <grin> I know some people will remember those enjoyable
days of Special Agent, John Navass and the sorts. I'll count on
the good folks here to tell me if they want me to put em back in the drawer.

> Check the headers.

> He is playing all of us for fools.
>
> In this conversation, he uses 3 different identities:
> Steve Young, Plug Nickel, dubl clutch
>
> He claims he is a member of this community, but this community
> discusses photography. When was the last time Steve young has
> discussed that here?
>
> See Steven R Young posting history:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

nothing spoofed

socks my friend, all with valid emails that reply to me

so talk to me

do we want to fix Usenet, so our group problems can find cure?

--
A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

Frank ess

Pierre Jarvois wrote:
> Steve Young is spoofing different identitities to carry conversations
> with himself.
>
> Check the headers.
>
> He is playing all of us for fools.
>
> In this conversation, he uses 3 different identities:
> Steve Young, Plug Nickel, dubl clutch
>
> He claims he is a member of this community, but this community
> discusses photography. When was the last time Steve young has
> discussed that here?
>
> See Steven R Young posting history:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ytveh

Whirrr. Click. Click. Click.

Nothing personal. You've been ignored by the
Ignore-Repliers-to-Trolls-and-Other-Miscreants Robot.

Sorry.

--
Robignorator

McLeod

"Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YJN%b.50242$(E-Mail Removed)...
<grin> I know some people will remember those enjoyable
> days of Special Agent, John Navass and the sorts. I'll count on
> the good folks here to tell me if they want me to put em back in the

drawer.

You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
equipment why don't you go play them in another group? Does it make you
feel smarter than everyone else to play with sock puppets? A secret only
you know about? Why do you feel you need that superiority? What was your
home life like? Were you ignored by your parents, shunned by your
classmates? Not quite good enough to hang with the real smart kids but
always picked on by the jocks? Now you're kind of a script kiddy, but not
real knowledgeable about computers. You still need your secret to feel good
about yourself...I think I understand you now. Someday you'll feel better
about yourself, maybe meet a girl, or boy if you prefer and find there's
better things to do.

Steve Young

> McLeod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
> equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

<politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>

Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?
Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire? The core group of regulars
would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as the
community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded. *That* *was*
*community*, *in action*

Steve Young
--
A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

John Navas

In <_PS%b.108193$(E-Mail Removed)> on Sat, 28 Feb
2004 02:14:18 GMT, "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> McLeod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
>> equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

><politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>
>
>Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?

That's what I would want. ( Oh, the irony of your statement!

>Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire?

Only if proper procedures are followed.

>The core group of regulars
>would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as the
>community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded. *That* *was*
>*community*, *in action*

I think it was most likely just the natural course of things, albeit boosted a
bit by a few power users. The *community* wasn't *in action*, and didn't help
-- if anything, the *community* simply served to encourage the troll.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Steve Young

> >> McLeod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> You can play any games you like, but if you're not interested in photo
> >> equipment why don't you go play them in another group?

> ><politely snipped embarrassingly childish personal attack>

> >Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Wouldn't we all want newsgroups to be what they were intended by charter?

> "John Navas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> That's what I would want.

>( Oh, the irony of your statement!

sometimes I talk in tongues <grin>

> >Then evolved to the group denizens majority desire?

> Only if proper procedures are followed.

k, have you been able to come up with a cite?

> >The core group of regulars
> >would have an interest in keeping it clean, as well, wouldn't they? Just as
> >the community tackled this problem of abuse, and apparently succeeded.
> >*That* *was* *community*, *in action*

> I think it was most likely just the natural course of things, albeit boosted a
> bit by a few power users. The *community* wasn't *in action*, and didn't help
> -- if anything, the *community* simply served to encourage the troll.

owh, I'll bet more than just a few people sent reports
(I didn't come up with the lotto killer ID,. you have any better luck?

Steve
--
A newbie's first Usenet encounter occurs without a prophylactic

John Navas

<http://www.landfield.com/usenet/>

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Free Adobe CS2 rumours squashed Whisky-dave Digital Photography 0 01-08-2013 11:26 AM
Squashed Images Blinky the Shark HTML 23 08-02-2005 07:39 AM
Squashed Pictures In Print? Dr Nancy's Sweetie Firefox 0 07-22-2003 06:37 PM

Advertisments