Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > dead pixels - how soon?

dead pixels - how soon?

Ethan

Forgive me my not good english.
I'm new to digital photography. I have canon a70 digital camera and I heard
something about dead pixels. I would like to know how soon they can apear
since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
(average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe five?
Greets

David J Taylor

"Ethan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1l5l5$5aj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive me my not good english.
> I'm new to digital photography. I have canon a70 digital camera and I

heard
> something about dead pixels. I would like to know how soon they can

apear
> since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
> (average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe

five?
> Greets

It could even be just a few weeks, but most cameras have software which
can "map out" such dead pixels. So if you notice such a problem, just run
the deal pixel remapping software.

Cheers,
David

William Jackson

Don't know about sensors, but in the vast majority of electronic devices,
the failures are "infant mortality" problems and if the thing works for a
couple of weeks or a month it'll likely not change very much over its useful
life.

Mechanical systems that wear out are a different story.

"Ethan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c1l5l5$5aj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive me my not good english.
> I'm new to digital photography. I have canon a70 digital camera and I

heard
> something about dead pixels. I would like to know how soon they can apear
> since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
> (average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe

five?
> Greets

Bob Dunlop

Hi Ethan,

All digital cameras will at some time be subject to dead pixels. Check out
the Nikon Forum at http://www.dpreview.com/ It has some good articles on
pixel remapping with some leads to software etc.

Cheers,

Bob D

"Ethan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:c1l5l5$5aj$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Forgive me my not good english.
> I'm new to digital photography. I have canon a70 digital camera and I

heard
> something about dead pixels. I would like to know how soon they can apear
> since I bought a new a70 in shop, in a camera of that class while normal
> (average) using. Because I really have no idea is it one year or maybe

five?
> Greets

Ethan

Thank you very much for your advices.