Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Archive::Tar on win32

Archive::Tar on win32

labrach

hye,

I'm using Archive::Tar to create .tar.gz file on either Unix or Win32
boxes
The archive is created with the class method :
Archive::Tar->create_archive('test.tgz',9, @filelist);
where @filelist contains a relative path file list extracted from a
given directory
This works fine on both platforms

On unix I can extract my archive with
gtar xvfz test.tgz
as well as with :
Archive::Tar->extract_archive ('test.tgz');

On Win NT, the perl command works fine for extraction, but when using
a front end application such as PowerArchiver, the files do not have
the path stored in the archives, so that they are all extracted in the
same directory

Any tips ??

thanks a lot

labrach