Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Unbuffered keyboard input???

Unbuffered keyboard input???

Starbase Commander

My Perl books don't explain how to receive single keystrokes in
real time, like the basic statement "inkey$" or C statement "getc" -
probably because I assume it requires a specific system call depending on
the OS.

It is tough to google using "keyboard" in the search string. I am still
going through the fifty thousand hits

With Linux, can someone clue me in as to what can be used to read the
keyboard as the keys are typed (with Perl)?

Thanks
SC onboard.

Jürgen Exner

Starbase Commander wrote:
> My Perl books don't explain how to receive single keystrokes in
> real time, like the basic statement "inkey$" or C statement "getc" -
> probably because I assume it requires a specific system call
> depending on the OS.

perldoc -q single

"How can I read a single character from a file? From the keyboard?"

jue

Unbuffered keyboard input? Ken D'Ambrosio Python 0 06-09-2009 05:52 PM
Unbuffered basic_streambuf Implementation C++ 1 08-29-2004 04:38 PM
Unbuffered basic_streambuf C++ 0 08-28-2004 10:43 AM
unbuffered output file Rich C++ 5 04-16-2004 01:53 AM
unbuffered input michael young Python 1 02-05-2004 10:21 PM

Advertisments