Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > kodak dx4330...

kodak dx4330...

Ron

I have the kodak dx4330 with option camera dock. The camera works great on
XP with the kodak easyshare software. Does anybody know how to get Windows
XP's Scanner and Camera Wizard program to recognize the camera? It shows up
as a drive on 'My Computer', but the wizard still does not see the camera.
I am getting tired of using the EasyShare program to transfer the images and
some of the imaging programs that I have will take it straight from the
camera wizard. Thanks in advance for the help.

Howard

I have had 2 kodaks and each time OPTED not to get the dock.

I have an inexpensive CF card reader (usb) and it works well, used it with
WIN 98, ME and now XP pro.

I am currently looking at the DX6490. Nothing I have from the "other" kodaks
will be usable with the new one.

My brother has the DX3800 and uses a cable to download to his
computer......downright inconvenient in my opinion.

Perhaps the easiest way is to get a card reader, and do away with the kodak
software

lots of shareware software to move and manipulate the images

In the words of the IMMORTAL USED CAR DEALER:
THERE IS AN ASS FOR EVERY SEAT!

Ron Hunter

Howard wrote:

> I have had 2 kodaks and each time OPTED not to get the dock.
>
> I have an inexpensive CF card reader (usb) and it works well, used it with
> WIN 98, ME and now XP pro.
>
> I am currently looking at the DX6490. Nothing I have from the "other" kodaks
> will be usable with the new one.
>
> My brother has the DX3800 and uses a cable to download to his
> computer......downright inconvenient in my opinion.
>
> Perhaps the easiest way is to get a card reader, and do away with the kodak
> software
>
> lots of shareware software to move and manipulate the images

I bought the DX6440 recently, and it came with the dock, which currently
sits under my computer desk, awaiting installation, which will probably
never happen. I MAY use it to charge the NIMH battery pack that came
with the package, but why bother? Charging the battery inside the
camera ties the camera down for the recharge cycle. Hooking the dock up
to transfer pictures would be a total waste given that my wife's
computer can read the SD cards at USB 2.0 speeds and I can move them to
my computer across a 100mbps ethernet connection. Docks aren't for the
computer literate.

Larry

> I bought the DX6440 recently, and it came with the dock, which currently
> sits under my computer desk, awaiting installation, which will probably
> never happen. I MAY use it to charge the NIMH battery pack that came
> with the package, but why bother? Charging the battery inside the
> camera ties the camera down for the recharge cycle. Hooking the dock up
> to transfer pictures would be a total waste given that my wife's
> computer can read the SD cards at USB 2.0 speeds and I can move them to
> my computer across a 100mbps ethernet connection. Docks aren't for the
> computer literate.

The dock is a Pain in the ass, but for the 6490 its the only way to charge the battery
(proprietary)...

Ive allready been to radio shack and purchased a battery holder for 4 rechargeable AA cells
and the apropriate connector for the camera. When I use it on a tripod the battery pack will
be mounted to the tripod, saving the internal battery for hand held use.

I think they screwed up with the 6490 not using AA's.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.