Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Inkjet usage

Inkjet usage

Tom Monego

Hi,
I'm running into an administrator at work that dislikes they idea that I
recommended a dye sub printer for doing diagnostic imaging of the retina of the
eye. I'm telling her that an inkjet that the doc can diagnose from will cast
almost as much as the dye sub ($1.70 per 8.5x11) and be much slower. I am a big
believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200, 4000 and
some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.
What I need to know is on max quality how many letter sized print you get from
a cartridge. Most of my inkjet printing is with continuous inking systems so I
have lost those facts. BTW an Epson 9000 takes 6min to rip and print one of
these images my C82 and 1200 took over 12min. Our Sony Dyesub UP-D70A takes
3min.

Thanks
Tom

Lucas Tam

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Tom Monego) wrote in
news:kG3_b.42614$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am a big
> believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200,
> 4000 and some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.

How about a Continous Reinking System:

http://www.inkjetsusa.com/ijc_bulk.html

http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/fo...3_products.htm

You'll be able to print page upon page of prints. Or how about the Canon
i9xxx series? Ink for that series is dirt cheap - and the prints are
comparable to the Epson 2200.

P.S. Why doesn't your admin like the idea of a Dye Sub? Are they too
expensive?

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Tom Monego

In article <Xns949771D498183nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

>(E-Mail Removed) (Tom Monego) wrote in
>news:kG3_b.42614$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> I am a big
>> believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200,
>> 4000 and some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.

>How about a Continous Reinking System:
>
>http://www.inkjetsusa.com/ijc_bulk.html
>
>http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/fo...3_products.htm
>

>You'll be able to print page upon page of prints. Or how about the Canon
>i9xxx series? Ink for that series is dirt cheap - and the prints are
>comparable to the Epson 2200.
>

>P.S. Why doesn't your admin like the idea of a Dye Sub? Are they too
>expensive?
>

>--
>Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))
>Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
>http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

Tom Monego

Sorry I hit send early.
I only cycle tyhrough this office once a week, don't think the others could
handle a continuous inking system, after all this is what I have in my studio.
We have the dye sub, but the administrators keep needling that it is so
expensive, just want to get some ink cartridge to prints at about 80%
coverage. I know with my 1200 Epson said approx 30 8.5x11 prints per cart set.
Problem is I don't have that literature any more. 30 prints is a weeks work.
Just wanted some real world estimsates. Not that I can't trust Epson

Tom

>How about a Continous Reinking System:
>
>http://www.inkjetsusa.com/ijc_bulk.html
>
>http://www.weink.com/ecom/catalog/fo...3_products.htm
>

>You'll be able to print page upon page of prints. Or how about the Canon
>i9xxx series? Ink for that series is dirt cheap - and the prints are
>comparable to the Epson 2200.
>

>P.S. Why doesn't your admin like the idea of a Dye Sub? Are they too
>expensive?
>

>--
>Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))
>Please delete "REMOVE" from the e-mail address when replying.
>http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/coolspot18/

Raphael Bustin

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:13:20 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Tom
Monego) wrote:

>Hi,
>I'm running into an administrator at work that dislikes they idea that I
>recommended a dye sub printer for doing diagnostic imaging of the retina of the
>eye. I'm telling her that an inkjet that the doc can diagnose from will cast
>almost as much as the dye sub ($1.70 per 8.5x11) and be much slower. I am a big
>believer in ink jets, but they are just too slow and most (Epson 2200, 4000 and
>some new HPs) the ink just doesn't last.
>What I need to know is on max quality how many letter sized print you get from
>a cartridge. Most of my inkjet printing is with continuous inking systems so I
>have lost those facts. BTW an Epson 9000 takes 6min to rip and print one of
>these images my C82 and 1200 took over 12min. Our Sony Dyesub UP-D70A takes
>3min.

Current Canon inkjet printers are seriously fast,
particularly compared to Epsons. And there are
CIS systems available for them -- try either
Mediastreet or WeInk.com (among others.)

I'm using a WeInk CIS, with Mediastreet inks,
on a Canon S9000.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com