Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Soccer vs Baseball vs American Football

Soccer vs Baseball vs American Football

USA Power!

Which of the following sports is the most masculine:

1. Soccer

2. Baseball

3. American Football

I vote for Football.

Bill

I vote for CRICKET.

Soccer and baseball played by a bunch of pussies.

Soccer get a little kick on the shin they fall over and do an oscar
performance like little pussies.

Baseball get hit by the ball and start a big fight, and wear those big fruit
baskets to catch a ball.

Cricket on the other hand fielders dive all over the field and stop/ catch
the ball with bare hands.

Batters get hit all over the body and face up to the next ball as if nothing
has happened.

"USA Power!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-nm.com...
> Which of the following sports is the most masculine:
>
> 1. Soccer
>
> 2. Baseball
>
> 3. American Football
>
> I vote for Football.
>

> (E-Mail Removed)

AnOvercomer02@webtv.net

Which of the following is destructive?
Pride or Humility?

Americas pride shall be broken.

Cody Houston,

Diabolik

> 1. Soccer

For athletic and intelligent people.

> 2. Baseball

For fat people.

> 3. American Football

For people with tiny brains on steroids.

Frank ess

Diabolik wrote:
>> 1. Soccer

> For athletic and intelligent people.
>
>> 2. Baseball

> For fat people.
>
>> 3. American Football

> For people with tiny brains on steroids.

You mean like the ones who cross-post replies to inane trolls? I get it.

Rule: Delete it.

Adios, My Friend.

MoParMaN

"USA Power!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-nm.com...
> Which of the following sports is the most masculine:
>
> 1. Soccer
>
> 2. Baseball
>
> 3. American Football
>
> I vote for Football.

American Football, those players actually have a reason to wear a
jock strap.

--
MoParMan----Remove Clothes to Reply...

Scud Coordinates:
Latitude: 32.61208 Degrees North
Longitude: 96.92995 Degrees West
Depth: 17.35 Inches

Alan Browne

HOCKEY:
-Speed -faster than any of the other sports mentioned
-Accuracy -passing, shooting
-Toughness -ice, boards and that defencemen are HARD
only American football is tougher

Ron Andrews

In an attempt to pull this thread back on topic for the rec.photo
groups, I will offer the following ratings:

Soccer is the toughest sport to photograph. There is no predictable
spot where action will occur. You need a super zoom lens with a very quick
autofocus system. Getting a shot of the kick that scores a goal requires
considerable good fortune. After many years of shooting youth soccer, I have
yet to capture a goal that wasn't a penalty kick.
Football is a little easier. You know where the ball starts on each
play and there are only a half dozen options (from a photographers
standpoint) on each play. I usually pick an option for each play and get
ready for it.
Baseball is the easiest to photograph. On every pitch you can get a
shot of either the pitcher or the batter. My favorite shots are a close play
at a base. I focus on a base and wait for the action.
Basketball is the most fun if you can get access to courtside. There is
a reason why the pros sit on the floor beyond the end line. That is the best
place to get good shots. It is still a challenge to learn each players moves
and where they will make them. If you have a chance to follow a team for a
season, you can get some great shots.
Track and field offers many opportunities. If you can get a spot near
the finish line, you can always catch a runner straining to hit the tape. My
favorite events are the hurdles. A pan shot from the side of the track with
the athlete clearing the hurdle can be dramatic if you shoot with a slow
enough shutter speed to blur the background (1/30 to 1/60 sec.)
Swimming is somewhat boring. The only good shots are at the start.
Nordic skiing is fairly easy if you don't mind cold weather. Just find
a spot on the course with a good background and wait for the skiers to come
by. Pan with the skiers and try different shutter speeds.
Auto racing is not too hard if you can get decent access. The best
seats to watch the race are on the outside of the track as high as possible.
The best spots to photograph are at trackside on the inside of the track.
For this sport, consider a 200mm lens to be "normal". This is perfect to get
a "portrait" of a single car. If you want a shot of a particular car, wait
for a yellow caution flag. It is much easier to frame the shot and people
viewing the shot can't tell.

These ratings are my humble opinions based on over 30 years of
experience as an amateur photographer.
--
Ron Andrews
http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html

George Kerby

On 2/22/04 11:46 AM, in article _U5_b.7618$(E-Mail Removed),
"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> HOCKEY:
> -Speed -faster than any of the other sports mentioned
> -Accuracy -passing, shooting
> -Toughness -ice, boards and that defencemen are HARD
> only American football is tougher

Yep. I don't know of a single pro that has all of his teeth after a few
years in The League.

Carl Banks

Diabolik,
exactly what drugs were you under the influence of when you wrote:
>> 3. American Football

> For people with tiny brains on steroids.

That is the most masculine.

--
CARL BANKS http://www.aerojockey.com

"If you believe in yourself, drink your school, stay on drugs, and
don't do milk, you can get work."
-- Parody of Mr. T from a Robert Smigel Cartoon