Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > How to reset Canon G5 to factory settings

How to reset Canon G5 to factory settings

Ted Rogers

A friend is having focus problems in all the creative zones - all the images
are out of focus - in all other settings they are OK. Can anyone advise how
to reset the camera to factory settings please? (We have tried reseting the
camera as per the instruction manual but this has not made a difference) I
want to try setting the camera to its 'out of the box' state.

Many thanks for your help

Ted

Ted Rogers

> Page 202 in the index refers you to page 168 in the user manual, press and
> hold the menu button for longer than 3 seconds then select ok when it ask

if
> this is what you want in the led panel readout.
> Used it once myself, nice feature for beginners like me.
>
> Rick

Yes we tried that but it isn't a 'factory reset'.

Ted

Rick

"Ted Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> A friend is having focus problems in all the creative zones - all the

images
> are out of focus - in all other settings they are OK. Can anyone advise

how
> to reset the camera to factory settings please? (We have tried reseting

the
> camera as per the instruction manual but this has not made a difference) I
> want to try setting the camera to its 'out of the box' state.
>
> Many thanks for your help
>
> Ted

Page 202 in the index refers you to page 168 in the user manual, press and
hold the menu button for longer than 3 seconds then select ok when it ask if
this is what you want in the led panel readout.
Used it once myself, nice feature for beginners like me.

Rick

Zol.

"Ted Rogers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Page 202 in the index refers you to page 168 in the user manual, press and
> > hold the menu button for longer than 3 seconds then select ok when it ask

> if
> > this is what you want in the led panel readout.
> > Used it once myself, nice feature for beginners like me.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> Yes we tried that but it isn't a 'factory reset'.
>
> Ted

You could try removing the date battery for a short while then re-insert - this will
definetely remove the date but not too sure of other settings it removes. Zol.

Ted Rogers

> > Yes we tried that but it isn't a 'factory reset'.
> >
> > Ted
> >

> You could try removing the date battery for a short while then re-insert -

this will
> definetely remove the date but not too sure of other settings it removes.

Zol.

Thanks Zol. Tried that, but all the settings remain.

Thanks anyway

Ted