Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Substantial savings?

Substantial savings?

Mark Johnson

Here's one for you, if you're considering the world of dSLR, as
opposed to digicam:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=4687

I think most people would think their digicams are - "super sharp".
And they didn't have to pay three to four times the cost of their
camera just for a snap-on lens to prove it. Likely a GREAT lens, and
very pleasing. Stabilized, too. But can it really be worth that much,
when you consider what is possible with post and PS?

I can understand people having second thoughts about photography after
being conned into paying, and then paying, and then paying, to finally
get enough to take their first picture. And they just give up.

YoYo

That lens has been rated as Canon's sharpest Zoom lens, is it worth the
cost? to me NO!
I decided to stick to prime lens and get sharper or as sharp results for a
fraction of the cost.
EX. 50mm 1.4 EF no zoom but one of the sharpest lens Canon makes.
EX. 100mm Macro 1.8 EF also very high sharpness

but if money no object get all!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...