Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Sigma SD9 tops, Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Olympus DSLRs.

Sigma SD9 tops, Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Olympus DSLRs.

Dan Sullivan

According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article titled
"Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

Barry Kelsall

I always run to Consumer Reports when I want my definitive reviews of pro
photography equipment...

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article

titled
> "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
> rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

Roland Karlsson

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) :

> According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article
> titled "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the
> only DSLR rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

How come then that Canon and Nikon sells the best?
And that Sigma does not really sell at all?

/Roland

Neil Brown

problem with csr is they factor price in too much!!!!
tips the scale to the cheaper product over quality and features sometimes...

Neil

Barry Kelsall wrote:
> I always run to Consumer Reports when I want my definitive reviews of pro
> photography equipment...
>
> "Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>>According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article

> titled
>
>>"Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
>>rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

KB

"Roland Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
> > According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article
> > titled "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the
> > only DSLR rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

> How come then that Canon and Nikon sells the best?
> And that Sigma does not really sell at all?
>

> /Roland

If no on buys it, no one will complain :}

Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Roland Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
> > According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an

article
> > titled "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion

the
> > only DSLR rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

> How come then that Canon and Nikon sells the best?
> And that Sigma does not really sell at all?
>

> /Roland

It's similar to a Rolls Royce and a Ford. More Fords are sold but
which would you rather own?

John Navas

In <uYaZb.4517$(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 19 Feb 2004
22:41:30 GMT, "Peter A. Stavrakoglou" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Roland Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) :
>>
>> > According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article
>> > titled "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the
>> > only DSLR rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

>> How come then that Canon and Nikon sells the best?
>> And that Sigma does not really sell at all?

>It's similar to a Rolls Royce and a Ford. More Fords are sold but
>which would you rather own?

Ford. (Seriously.)

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Mark B.

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article

titled
> "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
> rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

Consumer Reports is the LAST place I'll go for digital camera reviews.

Mark

Brian Zinchuk

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article

titled
> "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
> rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

If they say the S2 is tops, who am I, an S2 user, to disagree??

I guess I'll have to look up the article, so that I have more bragging
rights!

Zinchuk

Mark M

"Dan Sullivan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CM6Zb.2380$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> According to the March 2004 issue of Consumer Reports, in an article

titled
> "Digital SLR Cameras: What The Pros Use," in their opinion the only DSLR
> rated better than the Sigma SD9 is the Fuji S2.

That's why it's called "Consumer" Reports...

....and not "Photographer" Reports.