Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Writing to Windows EventLog

Writing to Windows EventLog

omoore

I am attempting to write to the Windows EventLog. I have a sample
script which does write to the log, but the error in the log says;

"The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( TFSM ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: This is a
test."

I have created the DLL that contains the error messages following the
example at http://www.le-berre.com/perl/msg_dll.html (using my own
data for the messages, of course). Here is TFSMMsg.mc file I used:

MessageIdTypedef=DWORD
LanguageNames=(English=0x409:MSG00409)

MessageId=1
Severity=Warning
Facility=Application
SymbolicName=MSG_TEST
Language=English
%1

Writing to the EventLog MattC ASP .Net 6 11-02-2004 10:47 PM
Q : Error While Writing to CUSTOM EventLog Marauderz ASP .Net 2 07-28-2004 06:34 AM
Writing to eventlog from asp.net Anders Both ASP .Net 3 02-23-2004 10:35 PM
Writing Events using System.Diagnostics.EventLog... David Conorozzo ASP .Net 5 12-15-2003 04:43 PM
Trouble writing to EventLog Eric Johannsen ASP .Net 0 08-10-2003 07:18 PM

Advertisments