Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > Can't use CPANPLUS behind a firewall but CPAN works.

Can't use CPANPLUS behind a firewall but CPAN works.

Brian McGonigle

I'm trying to use cpanp behind a firewall and I'm not having any luck.
However, cpan works fine with my proxy configs (I've set http_proxy
and ftp_proxy in my shell environment). I've tried just hostort and
http://hostort with no luck. Has anyone run into this problem?

Thanks,
Brian

Andrew Kavanaugh

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Brian McGonigle) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I'm trying to use cpanp behind a firewall and I'm not having any luck.
> However, cpan works fine with my proxy configs (I've set http_proxy
> and ftp_proxy in my shell environment). I've tried just hostort and
> http://hostort with no luck. Has anyone run into this problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Can't say I've seen it before - check some tcpdumps on both your
firewall and the system you're running on cpanp, and see what could be
dropping.