Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Paint shop Pro v8 questions

Paint shop Pro v8 questions

Bmagill

Hi

I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone know if PSP8
handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?

Thanks in advance

Hans H. Siegrist

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bmagill) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi
>
> I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone know if PSP8
> handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
> Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?
>
> Thanks in advance

Post your questions in the PSP newsgroup

comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

The gurus are all there.

Cheers!

Hans

Shadowfax

(E-Mail Removed) (Bmagill) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi
>
> I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone
> know if PSP8 handles 48-bit colour? Also, can anyone tell me if it
> can save TIFF files in Apple format as well as PC format and what
> the difference would be?
>
> Thanks in advance

PSP 8 does not handle 48 bit color. As for Apple Format TIFF’s, I
don’t know what the difference between a PC TIFF and an Apple TIFF is
so I couldn’t say. It does save in MacIntosh PICT format as well as
MacPaint format however.

--
Scott

Ed Ruf

On 17 Feb 2004 00:01:33 GMT, in rec.photo.digital (E-Mail Removed) (Bmagill)
wrote:

>I'm thinking about upgrading to the above from v7. Does anyone know if PSP8
>handles 48-bit colour?

No.

>Also, can anyone tell me if it can save TIFF files in
>Apple format as well as PC format and what the difference would be?

I believe what you are referring to was Motorola format vs Intel, back when
Macs used Motorola processors. I remember using Graphic Converter from
Image Alchemy (?) to convert between the two file types. IIRC, it had to do
with the order the bytes where written, hi/lo or lo/hi. I do not believe
PSPS8 supports this.
http://members.cox.net/egruf
See images taken with my CP-990 and 5700 at
http://members.cox.net/egruf-digicam