Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] That's it, I've had enough, I,m leaving!

Re: [SI] That's it, I've had enough, I,m leaving!

Steve Young

> > Bill Mcdonald wrote:
> > Douglas,
> > Don't leave. The photo's were great. I know there are people with
> > the technological savvy to track down whoever's behind the barrage of
> > filth which has swamped this group. Maybe the netgods will smile on
> > us and we can be rid of this psycho.

> "Jukka-Pekka Suominen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> The easiest way to get rid of him/her/it is to filter for "Organization:
> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)", which will catch all of his/her/its, erm...
> posts.

you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

>It would seem that his/her/its ISP is craftech.com, so if someone
> feels the need to try to shut him/her/it up for real, that might be a
> good place to start, but I cannot say for sure.

OK, any other opinions?

> At any rate, just ignoring him/her/it will propably put an end to the
> drivel..

i haven't seen this strategy work yet
--
A newbie's Usenet first encounter occurs without a prophylactic

Jukka-Pekka Suominen

Steve Young wrote:
>>>Bill Mcdonald wrote:
>>>Douglas,
>>>Don't leave. The photo's were great. I know there are people with
>>>the technological savvy to track down whoever's behind the barrage of
>>>filth which has swamped this group. Maybe the netgods will smile on
>>>us and we can be rid of this psycho.

>>"Jukka-Pekka Suominen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>>The easiest way to get rid of him/her/it is to filter for "Organization:
>>(E-Mail Removed)", which will catch all of his/her/its, erm...
>>posts.

> you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

Propably, since most newsreaders won't let you write custom filters.

>>It would seem that his/her/its ISP is craftech.com, so if someone
>>feels the need to try to shut him/her/it up for real, that might be a
>>good place to start, but I cannot say for sure.

> OK, any other opinions?

I'm still not sure about this one, since I really don't know how exactly
the nym.alias.net anonymizer works, but all the troll posts have a
Message-ID like [something.something]@ccs1.craftech.com, which IMHO
would indicate that he/she/it is using craftech.com as his/her/its ISP.

>>At any rate, just ignoring him/her/it will propably put an end to the
>>drivel..

> i haven't seen this strategy work yet

Gotta give it some time..

-JP

Gary Eickmeier

Steve Young wrote:

> you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

"Prolly"?

Gary Eickmeier

Gary Eickmeier

Jukka-Pekka Suominen wrote:

> Steve Young wrote:

>> you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

> Propably, since most newsreaders won't let you write custom filters.

"Propably"?

Gary Eickmeier (A-a-a-a-a-a-a-h!)

Doug

"Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsodYb.45226$(E-Mail Removed) ...

> Steve Young wrote:
>
> > you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

> "Prolly"?
>
> Gary Eickmeier

Probbly

Doug

W6DKN

Doug wrote:
> "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsodYb.45226$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>

>> Steve Young wrote:
>>
>>> you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

>> "Prolly"?
>>
>> Gary Eickmeier

> Probbly
>
> Doug

Probably...

Paul H.

"Doug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:tOeYb.6551$(E-Mail Removed) .rogers.com...

> "Gary Eickmeier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsodYb.45226$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> >

> > Steve Young wrote:
> >
> > > you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

> > "Prolly"?
> >
> > Gary Eickmeier

> Probbly
>
> Doug

Prob-o-lib-o-ly

Paul

John Navas

In <4cbYb.33047$(E-Mail Removed)> on Mon, 16 Feb
2004 22:09:04 GMT, "Steve Young" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> "Jukka-Pekka Suominen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

>> The easiest way to get rid of him/her/it is to filter for "Organization:
>> (E-Mail Removed)", which will catch all of his/her/its, erm...
>> posts.

>you would prolly need a filter like Nfilter, or eNfilter

Another option that is probably more effective in general is to use a naive
Bayesian classifier. The one I use on my email, POPFile, is over 99.7%
accrate, and there's an NNTP (Usenet news) proxy module for POPFile -- see
<http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=195560>.

--
Best regards,
John Navas

Lionel

Kibo informs me that John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> stated
that:

>Another option that is probably more effective in general is to use a naive
>Bayesian classifier. The one I use on my email, POPFile, is over 99.7%
>accrate, and there's an NNTP (Usenet news) proxy module for POPFile -- see
><http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=195560>.

I'm already using Popfilter for my email, & as you say, it's pretty
good. Are you actually using the Usenet module yourself? At the time I
looked at it, it was still very experimental, & very undocumented. If
it's working for you, I'd like to give it another try.

John Navas

In <(E-Mail Removed)> on Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:06:08
+1100, Lionel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Kibo informs me that John Navas <(E-Mail Removed)> stated
>that:
>
>>Another option that is probably more effective in general is to use a naive
>>Bayesian classifier. The one I use on my email, POPFile, is over 99.7%
>>accrate, and there's an NNTP (Usenet news) proxy module for POPFile -- see
>><http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=195560>.

>I'm already using Popfilter for my email, & as you say, it's pretty
>good. Are you actually using the Usenet module yourself? At the time I
>looked at it, it was still very experimental, & very undocumented. If
>it's working for you, I'd like to give it another try.

My understanding is that it just embeds standard POPFile headers. Since my
newsreader of choice (Forte Agent) won't filter on arbitrary headers, there's
no reason for me to even try it.

--
Best regards,
John Navas