Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > A-2, C-8080, 828 or Pro 1 ?

A-2, C-8080, 828 or Pro 1 ?

Marty

Opinions please. I have not inlcuded the 8700 since it does not go our
to 28mm.

Guenter Fieblinger

Marty,

in the end you will have to wait for the reviews and pricing of the
cameras.
Personal preferences will be important, too, eg. image stabilization (A2)
if you like tele shoting.
From what I have read in reviews and comparing test photos available from
several sites I would eliminate the F828 right away, however.

Guenter

Ian Burley

I've produced a couple of very preliminary hands-on reports, with quite a
few shots of the cameras, from PMA - discussing the feel of the cameras and
the specifications:

Olympus C-8080WZ:
http://dp-now.com/archives/000610.html

Canon Power Shot Pro 1
http://dp-now.com/archives/000596.html

I didn't get a chance to try the Nikon 8700, nor the Konica Minolta A2, but
the latter does look very interesting with its new EVF and image stabiliser
system.

Ian

--

DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY NOW - http://www.dp-now.com
UK-based Web magazine for users of digital photography

news:(E-Mail Removed)...