Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Perl > i need a http perl script

i need a http perl script

Nancy Drew

hi all

it's been years since i've worked with perl, so i'd rather use prefad code.
i've got a client who is concerned that a perl http client could login to
his server and query a set of forms, downloading all the data. i'm writing
some asp code to limit the number of queries that can be run within a set
time frame, and think this should work fine, but would like to be able to
test my code. does anybody know where i can find a perl script that can
connect to a web site, login with username/password, and make requests of a
form?

tks

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Nancy Drew wrote (to this group as well as alt.perl):
> hi all

Do not multi-post!

http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html

--